Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura's new CRF450 shorty exhaust

Have you seen it? If not go here

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/gohuge/0,20859,996493_1147239,00.html

I have been waiting for an exhaust like this one. They did such a good job of tucking it in, it looks like a 2 stroke exhaust instead of the typical scud missle launcher you usually see on a four stroke. Only one problem! I called Yoshimura and they say it will not be available for my 05' and they "might" make them for the 06'

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN ,MAKE THAT PIPE!

From what I heard it not only looks bitch'n it works good too.

Oh - and this is the bike I would put it on...

A48.jpg

So are you saying that on is made special. I talked with Yosh last year and they said their exhausts don't go that far out anyway. I know what you mean about the length on some of them. I call them burners. You know this is going to turn into a discussion on sound.

You know this is going to turn into a discussion on sound.

I hope not. As you can see I cut my exhuast down 1 1/4 of an inch and it did not make it one bit louder. I was at Anahiem 1 & 2 and stood right next to Fonseca's bike when it was fired up and it was absolutely not any louder than Larroco's bike and his exhuast can was at least 3 inches longer than Fonseca's. From my personal experience the only thing I can see is that a shorter (within reason) exhaust has to be re-packed more frequently to keep it quiet. -My 2 cents-

yoshimura had there new exhaust on there site at one point.. If there going too make it there going too make it for all years not just for 1 specfic year they won't sell any ..

Is that their new Rs2? i had heard about it and was wondering if that was it...im sure they will make it for more than jut honda to...i hope

From my personal experience the only thing I can see is that a shorter (within reason) exhaust has to be re-packed more frequently to keep it quiet. -My 2 cents-

I would much rather pack it a little more than have to replace it from crash damage. Your bike looks good with the muffler like that. Any difference from stock. I went on a tangent with this last year because my Bills pipe was too long. :thumbsup:

My DMC is about that same length. It just looks so much better than the longer exhausts, plus it makes a boat load of power. Remember the muffler on the '02's? That thing came up higher than the rear fender! :thumbsup:

I could not find anything on Yoshi's new system on their web sight, all i saw were street bike exhaust's and the same tri oval designs.

Have you seen it? If not go here

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/gohuge/0,20859,996493_1147239,00.html

I have been waiting for an exhaust like this one. They did such a good job of tucking it in, it looks like a 2 stroke exhaust instead of the typical scud missle launcher you usually see on a four stroke. Only one problem! I called Yoshimura and they say it will not be available for my 05' and they "might" make them for the 06'

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN ,MAKE THAT PIPE!

From what I heard it not only looks bitch'n it works good too.

Oh - and this is the bike I would put it on...

A48.jpg

Like in that picture, where can i get like those frame gaurd things.? Please post links

:thumbsup:

My DMC is about that same length. It just looks so much better than the longer exhausts, plus it makes a boat load of power. Remember the muffler on the '02's? That thing came up higher than the rear fender! :bonk:

Red - I agree with you. I think Dave at DMC makes the best tucked in pipe to date. I heard there is a noticable hit about mid throttle with his pipe. Is that true? How do you find the power delivery on that pipe?

Like in that picture, where can i get like those frame gaurd things.? Please post links

:thumbsup:

Tip - The frame guards on the side of Fonseca's bike are grip tape. A lot of the graphics companys like N-Style http://www.n-style.com/ sell it. The best place to get it is at a skateboard shop. They usually have it in different colors as well as the normal clear. Keep in mind, however, the factory guys can replace thier boots every few rides if they want and I have heard that guys who run grip tape on the sides of thier bikes have been known to rub holes in things like boots and riding pants alot quicker than you would think.

Red - I agree with you. I think Dave at DMC makes the best tucked in pipe to date. I heard there is a noticable hit about mid throttle with his pipe. Is that true? How do you find the power delivery on that pipe?.

This exhaust is simply amazing. People think that I'm FOS, but I am not making this up. It has great bottom end pull with a really strong mid-range pull that just keeps pulling hard until you hit the limiter. The bike feels like it's turbo charged because it just keeps pulling harder and harder and seems like it revs way higher than stock. It has better bottom than the stock exhaust and then turns into a rocket ship. It's not a noticeable "hit", it's just really strong everywhere and just keeps building power. The bike revs faster and simply rips. I know a few people that have the DMC, and the only one that doesn't think it's the best exhaust ever is a semi-chubby, novice class vet that thinks the Dr.D made the bike easier to ride. The "D" is easier to ride, but he is actually faster with the DMC, so he keeps it on.

Red,

Well - I think you have sold me on the DMC. If Yosh does not come out with the new exhuast like the one on Fonseca's bike I will be running down to DMC to pick up thier exhuast. One more thing, I have ridden a 450 with a WB carbon pro and I was wondering if you have as well? Can you compare the power delivery of the DMC to the WB carbon pro? What about the sound that the DMC makes. I noticed that the carbon pro was a little louder than stock, but what I really liked about the carbon pro is that it gave a much deeper throatyer(is that a word) sound over the stock pipe.

Red,

Well - I think you have sold me on the DMC. If Yosh does not come out with the new exhuast like the one on Fonseca's bike I will be running down to DMC to pick up thier exhuast. One more thing, I have ridden a 450 with a WB carbon pro and I was wondering if you have as well? Can you compare the power delivery of the DMC to the WB carbon pro? What about the sound that the DMC makes. I noticed that the carbon pro was a little louder than stock, but what I really liked about the carbon pro is that it gave a much deeper throatyer(is that a word) sound over the stock pipe.

I haven't ridden a 450 with a CB Pro yet, but I've heard them. The DMC is a little loud at first, but once the packing breaks in a little it calms down. It is a lot like the CB Pro where it is definitely deeper and sounds much tougher than stock, but not obnoxious like a Jemco. My friend rides Pro and told me that he has never had an exhaust that made as big a difference in power as the DMC, CB Pro included. :thumbsup:

You can buy the new exhaust directly from yoshimura right now.. I emailed them and here is what I got

hello, I seen your new exhaust your coming out with the offroad line.. When will I be able too purchase one ? Jason,

What bike do you have?

Garrett

Yoshimura sales

We have a few in stock right now. The stainless is $575 and the Ti is $775

Thanks,

Garrett

Yoshimura sales

soo yeah you can buy them :thumbsup:

Have you seen the carbon fiber set up for the CRF250. It is so sweet looking.

$575 isn't bad. I may have to purchase one of those. Any pictures of the stainless model?

I want the shock and forks off that bike :thumbsup::bonk:

meanwhile, I 'll just keep dreaming.

Well, after several more emails back and forth with Yoshimura I have got the official scoop. The new exhuast called the RS2 will be out when the old ones are gone. The RS2 will fit an 05' 450 and it will be approximately 3" longer than the cans on the factory Hondas. This quote is direct from Yoshimura.

"The new pipe will fit 05. Also the can that they run is a 12" and the

one that will be offered is 15" so it wont tuck like the one in the

Transworld pic.

Garrett

Yoshimura sales"

Looks like the DMC for me - bummer-