Sign in to follow this  

03 crf450 HEAD PIPE OR CAM?

I have a 03 450 that I have owned since it was new. I love the bike and can not afford a new one this year. Over the winter while I was having a couple of vertibraes in my neck fused I sent the bike in for some surgery to. I had a 04 piston installed along with new intake vavles, timing chain and other worn parts. Right away I installed a fmf powercore silencer on it and love the differents it has made but now would like to get just allittle more mid to top end power without sacrificing low end. Are there any head pipes out there that are worth the money and will actually make the difference I'm looking for? Or should I just go with a hot cam? Can someone tell me about the RHC cam? I still want the bike controlable, not violent, all the h.p. in the world does not make you faster on a track. I want the most for my money and parts that may be cool or look cool and don't give me what I want are out of the question.

Terry

CAM!

The head pipe does not make THAT big of a difference (like the can does). The cam make s a bigger diff.

I owed a 02 and don't know if I liked the power delivery as much as the 03 with the can. But I guess it did pull harder on the top. Has anyone else done this? I would like to hear about the stage 2 hot cam. I like to ride hard and high in the rev. I can still be at front on the starts but I'm noticing on long 4th gear wide open straights that the new bikes pull me alittle. I didn't have that problem in 03 and 04 against the same riders.

Terry

I don't mean this bad or cocky but I'm not a jump off the bridge if someone else does kinda guy. I'm looking for facts to base a decesion on. I pretty much new from the start I should go with the cam, money and power wise,but can someone tell me how and where the cam changes the power delivery? I believe people mention a cam thats called a RHC??? What does this cam do for the power?

Terry