230 jet change, now white smoke

did the 120-45 jet change and moved the clip to 4th position. removed baffle and snorkle. now a little white smoke comes out the pipe. is there an adjustment to the carb that needs to be done now??? the plug is real black and looks like carbon build up. i should have looked at the plug before i did this. what a difference this mod has made :thumbsup:

also it is jerky when in 1st and it hesitates a bit at first roll of the gas then it cleans up. start off again, same thing

The white smoke is normal. What temperature are you riding in? You may need to adjust your fuel screw.

where is the fuel screw. i am riding at sea level at my house in Ca and it is around 65 degrees. i read i should screw it in and back it out 1.75 turns. does this sound right?

Wow. I think something in your bike is retarded. Sounds like a rich condition, but your info disagrees.

where is the fuel screw.

That's the fuel screw. Right side of the carb, towards the intake boot/engine. PITA to get to when the carb is in place.

fuelscrew4gd.jpg

also it is jerky when in 1st and it hesitates a bit at first roll of the gas then it cleans up. start off again, same thing

I would post some of the questions like this in the Jetting forum. Burned, the TT Jetting Expert, is a total guru on this stuff and he is very generous with his knowledge and experience.

He will give you a truly expert assessment of what's going on based on what he KNOWS from working on hundreds and hundreds of motorcycle engines.

where is the fuel screw. i am riding at sea level at my house in Ca and it is around 65 degrees. i read i should screw it in and back it out 1.75 turns. does this sound right?

munchieu, I did the same to my bike (jets, clip, snorkel, baffle) and turned my fuel screw out 5/8 per coeshow's setting. It runs great, no hesitation at all and starts almost instantly. I recommend just getting a new sparkplug and starting everything fresh. Good luck. :thumbsup:

p.s. Before I did the change, my fuel screw was out 2 full turns.

munchieu, I did the same to my bike (jets, clip, snorkel, baffle) and turned my fuel screw out 5/8 per coeshow's setting. It runs great, no hesitation at all and starts almost instantly. I recommend just getting a new sparkplug and starting everything fresh. Good luck. :thumbsup:

p.s. Before I did the change, my fuel screw was out 2 full turns.

thats what is was thinking. the fuel screw needs to lean out since the jets let in more fuel i quess. hopefully to daymy BBR pipe and rev box will come in :bonk:

I know this is gay to ask, but its not thread worthy, i just reved up my bike in neutral and got to about half throttle and it started cutting out, kinda like it was bouncing off the rev limiter. The only thing ive done to the needle is put the clip down to 4, 115 main jet, 5500 feet. Its really whitetrash sounding and when i shut it off right after, a little bit of smoke came out of the pipe. What the hells going on?

From what I've read, a little smoke is normal and nothing to worry about. Mine has a barely noticable amount of blue smoke when I do the same thing (after it's completely warmed up of course) It also has white smoke when it first starts up, I assume this is the condensation from when it was last shut off.

You may want to try a different oil. My 230 smoked slightly with the Honda OEM oil in it. I changed it out with a synthetic and now no smoke at all.

Thanks for the info and I think its about time for an oil change.