mikuni tmr41 hot start button TC 450 2004

I had to pull my choke assembly of my carb as the cable was dry and the choke was sticking on but thats an other story , but while undoing the choke housing i noticed a right angle plastic hose joiner inserted into the engines side of the carb below and forward of the choke ,right where the intake boot hose clamps onto the carb. it had a rubber blanking plug on the other end of it. is this the inlet for the hose of a hot start button or is it for something else

Cheers paul

I saw the same thing on these carbs. I think ZipTy racing has a Kit to put the hot start on the bars like for the 1998 YZ400F that should work. Thank you Mark

I think that the YZ400 had a FCR carb. Probably a 39. I don't think that the Keihin hot start will fit. The barrel fitting going into the carb.

The 1998 had a remote hot start button. Just hook up the hoses.

I had to pull my choke assembly of my carb as the cable was dry and the choke was sticking on but thats an other story , but while undoing the choke housing i noticed a right angle plastic hose joiner inserted into the engines side of the carb below and forward of the choke ,right where the intake boot hose clamps onto the carb. it had a rubber blanking plug on the other end of it. is this the inlet for the hose of a hot start button or is it for something else

Cheers paul

You can buy a hot start from a TM bike. they also got mikuni carbs. But i never needed a hot start on my old tc450 -04. With a good jetting you should never need to use hot start button