Need help with headlight wiring

Hey guys - starting on my headlight mod. The wiring diagram in the manual I have doesn't show the wire colors going to the headlight. I have a black wire, a white one, and 2 yellow wires going to the light. I need to know which wires are needed to illuminate just the low beam. Anyone out there know?

Thanks

Doc

Doc, does the black wire have a white stripe? I'm looking at the wire diagram & I'm pretty sure it should be the black w/ white striped wire (common to both hi & lo) & the white wire (lo). The two yellows are for the hi beam & hi indicator on the instrument cluster.

Bear - yes, my bad, the black wire does have a white stripe.

So, yellow wires wouldn't be needed if just hooking up a single low beam light - just the black w/ white (ground), and the white (hot) - correct?

Thanks!

Yep! :thumbsup:

Doc, does the black wire have a white stripe? I'm looking at the wire diagram & I'm pretty sure it should be the black w/ white striped wire (common to both hi & lo) & the white wire (lo). The two yellows are for the hi beam & hi indicator on the instrument cluster.

Sorry to jump in here, but does this mean I could use a 3 position switch (off/low/high) to replace the stock switch? I've been dying to get that big ugly thing off my bike, and I'm not using turn signals.

Yes it does. It would be fairly easy to do. In fact here's a link to a couple of options. The TT store may have something as well.

http://www.fourstrokesonly.com/Products.html

Thanks!