Sign in to follow this  

Best Coolant?

What is the best performaning coolant out there? What do you guys use? I currently use engine ice but i have heard that it doesnt cool any better than regular coolant, and the only thing that is supposedly good about engine ice is that is has a higher boiling point than regular coolant. Any input would be helpful thanks :thumbsup:

Ryan

ive used stock (worked fine) also i used Motul coolant and i currently run engine ice right now cuz everyone raves about it...i think the engine ice is no better than anything else, engine ice i can smell coolant boilin when i stop real quick, ..i liked the motul, never had a problem ever and never smelled coolant cookin' even in the hottest days...i saw a post about some waterless coolant that nascar guys run, ide like to hear more info on that

I'm tired of my local shop they sell stuff for so much money its ridiculous

I have used redline water wetter, liquid performance, and engine ice. I prefer the engine ice out of the three and the other two i would rate about the same...

I have used redline water wetter, liquid performance, and engine ice. I prefer the engine ice out of the three and the other two i would rate about the same...

I concur, engine ice seems to be the best for my needs in the hot, no rain, humid state of Texas.

The waterless coolant you refer to is called Evans Coolant. Do a search over at KTMTalk, it has been discussed lots over there. It is my understanding that it doesn`t boil over until some astronomically high number. I guess the problem with that would be when your bike boils with normal coolant it is telling you somethings wrong. If it ain`t spewing but running way hot you have no idea and think everything is fine. Then you keep sitting letting it idle or continue to get hotter.