What 250F????

well my kx250F has been totally reliable even though people who dont own a kawi think it isnt...8 months of riding and valves are perfect...not 1 problem went wrong on this bike..im going green next year too because im happy...

oh and befor this bike i used to ride yamaha's only and had a yz250f prior to this

if u keep up maintanance all the bikes should be pretty equal these days...i mean anything can go wrong with any of them..does it make it a crappy unreliable bike? not at all, its just life and things happen...my kx25of outlasted my buddys yamaha..does his yamaha suck....no way, alot of good friends have hondas and i know everyone claims they have valve issues but i have yet to see any of them have problems

well my kx250F has been totally reliable even though people who dont own a kawi think it isnt...8 months of riding and valves are perfect...not 1 problem went wrong on this bike..im going green next year too because im happy...

oh and befor this bike i used to ride yamaha's only and had a yz250f prior to this

if u keep up maintanance all the bikes should be pretty equal these days...i mean anything can go wrong with any of them..does it make it a crappy unreliable bike? not at all, its just life and things happen...my kx25of outlasted my buddys yamaha..does his yamaha suck....no way, alot of good friends have hondas and i know everyone claims they have valve issues but i have yet to see any of them have problems

My buddy has repeatedly destroyed his KX250F and had to send it away to have the head reworked.. $$$$$ The only caveat to this is he Dual Sported his, meaning he went long strecthes at high ( not max) RPM's that may have contributed. A motorcross rider might spike the RPM's to max but only for breif periods.

I on the other hand own an 01 (first year) WR250F and have over 15000 miles on it and I have only had to adjusted the valves once. I am also notorious for the statement (just run it). So my Yammy has been awesome!

What 250F is the most reliable if you keep up on maintanance(sp)?

I have heard that the hondas, the suzukis and the kawasakis all have major engine problems while the yamaha is the best and most reliable out there.

P.S. ignore my name...i wish i could change it

i love how your SN is CRF250redrider!!!!! DUDE change your sn and get a Hunskavarna damit! and u can get all the husky parts real cheap at http://www.mytscstore.com/default.asp....I sugest a Huskyesieseee

Well any 250f is going to be unreliable and break if you don't take care of it. Each has their own set of issues. I've seen YZFs have tranny issues and CRFs burning oil like there's no tomorrow.I believe most of the RMZ and KX250f horror stories are coming from 1st and 2nd year owners. For 06 the KX is redesigned and the engineers have worked alot of the valve issues and bugs out. These are race bikes and if you ride the rev limiter you are going to burn engines no matter what make. It's all preference. Change your oil and the oil filter in these bikes constantly and do regular valve checks and any of these bikes will be reliable.

well my kx250F has been totally reliable even though people who dont own a kawi think it isnt...8 months of riding and valves are perfect...not 1 problem went wrong on this bike.....

My YZF is going on 5 years, and the previous owner raced it for an entire season in open class harescrambles (and after seeing him ride his 450, Im sure he rode it hard).

I absolutely love the rock solid reliability of my blue bike, but I can honestly say that if I was serious in racing, I would probably be on a green bike. However, as a casual rider, reliability is my main concern.

How about two seasons on my '01 YZ250F and valves still in spec ?:bonk: .

well let everyone say what they want, but I'm on my 2nd KX250F (04 now 05) I ride them because they suit my style. They are not as reliable as the Yamahas... end of story.

I stick with Kawies because they fit me. I'm a Kawasaki guy, but more than once I've considered switching to Yamahas for reliablilty.