how long before you race

Just take it easy the first few races, watch the A riders see what lines they are taking and there body positions etc. Also, dont worry about you race position just get used to the nervous feeling you get when you race. DOnt push yourself at first, your going to want to haul balls and keep up but just stay within your limits. I always push myself when I ride, but I always had a rule.

the rule is,

Ride fast enough that I get a little or slightly worried I am going to fast and might make a mistake or crash, but I dont ride fast enough that Im worried about crashing or kno Im bound to crash.

If that makes any sense, hopefully it does.

I started riding in August last year and went to my first race, which was arenacross in the 125 class for that matter lol, in November roughly 3 months later. I had a blast, just didn't really jump anything since the racing experiance was all new to me lol.

I say go for it and just have fun and be safe ?

I did my first race a few months ago, its the best thing dude! I learned so much. I went from pretty slow, then raced, to working my but off, faster, because of what I learned and stuff...Its a rush!

Dont be scared, and try to ride hard the whole moto, never give up! I was just about last in my class, they were sandbaggers...lol but I was battling it out with the 250 beginner riders (we double gated) and it was the funnest thing I have done on a bike...getting passed, passing them back, getting passed again, it was a blast....I am glad to say I got 2nd to last in my class and I blew the 250 beginners away. ?

I am deffinately gonna race the next serries that comes around!

I cannot stress how much fun you will have when the gate drops...Just do it!