Sign in to follow this  

What mod???

What mod should i make to fix the valves from wearing?And i want something so i don't have to keep checking them so often

I've heard that the 250R cam is easier on the valves that the stock X cam.

I have the R cam but I havent checked the valves yet so im not speaking from experience just what i've heard.

um... can anyone answer my question

If only it was that simple. No one knows what causes the problem to begin with...there are only theories.

Some people think SS valves and new springs are the way to go...others say keep your filter and oil fresh...some say to stay off the rev limiter...some just get lucky by not doing anything...etc.

Good luck.

yeah, is it faster?

Its a bit faster but i still need to get my jetting right so hopefully it will be alot faster. It has a slight midrange bog right now but overall i didn really notice much low end loss and i like it alot

P.S sorry about the hijack gunner150 :thumbsup:

um... can anyone answer my question

Wow, 3 seperate threads today and I am gonna give the same answer.

The best mod would be to purchase an 06 head and 05 R cam with new valves etc for your X, and no this does not mean that your bike could then have duallies.

Do some research on this 06 Head here and in the R forum and you will find enough talk to back up my recommendation.

I did what Puttikan said. Unfortunately know one has enough hours on the 06 head. Only 4.3 on my new 06 head. Only time will tell if Honda did a fix or just blew smoke up our but.

Wow, 3 seperate threads today and I am gonna give the same answer.

The best mod would be to purchase an 06 head and 05 R cam with new valves etc for your X, and no this does not mean that your bike could then have duallies.

Do some research on this 06 Head here and in the R forum and you will find enough talk to back up my recommendation.

By new valves you mean stock x ones right? and did you mean the R head?

Yes I mean the R Head and you would then order the R valves and other R parts to go with this head, all of the threads on this unfortunately ended up in the R forum after the split, there are some good ones there and Rick Ramsey has a write up on it at his site I think.

Please read up on the parts required, there have been posts which go into this in good detail.

I think you guys are going to find the 06 head to perform very very well. As far as Valves with the 06 head..time will tell but from early reports things have not changed that much. The 06 seat material is a tad softer...almost not measurable IMO. The port Design is the biggest change..maybe the flow characteristics will cool or do something to the seats..doubt it.

Cam profile will change the harmonic points of the stock springs, neans maybe the cam you choose will move you into an RPM range that will be benifical to your riding style...it's a crap shoot....

Origiinal Question ..What to do to make them last ?

Get good coated valves from a few gys out their with good matching springs and retainer, have the seats redone even on a new head (production has been shown to be off from time to time). This should be a good set up for all the average riders except the Pro.

Second part ... " I do not want to check them as often....."

Simple!!!! Stick with a 150, XR or get a 2 stroke