97 300klx jetting?

I have an older 300 that is in need of some help. This bike has been hard to start scince we got it over two years ago, floods way easy, and fowls plugs. Close exam of the float needle show's nothing wrong? Level -ok. What gives? We do most of our riding at 1000-3000 feet. Any help with updated jetting or new carb sug :thumbsup: estions welcomed.

The first thing I'd do is pull it down and check the valves. While you've got the seat and tank off, give the carb a good overall cleaning. Your problem is most likely the valves.

This moter has never been run hard or raced, in fact the whole bike is like new as it has been riden so little. My son in law whom is more familuar with the bike, says thier is not enof time on the bike to warrent messing with the valves. A good cleaning of the carb and rebuild, is more what I have in mind. What I was realy looking for was updated jet sizes. I had heard thier was some changes to make the thing easyier to start, and run better?

My son in law whom is more familuar with the bike, says thier is not enof time on the bike to warrent messing with the valves.

Checking the valves is not the same as 'messing with the valves'. Valve clearances are critical in the small four strokes. You can spend a lot of time and money on other fixes, only to come back and have to check the valve clearances for a whole lot less. Before you do any jetting, any adjusting, check the valve clearances. You will end up getting that advice from anyone who has owned one in the past or the shops you take the bike for service.

This thread should give you an idea how much the valves affect starting and idling on the KLX More valve issues

This moter has never been run hard or raced, in fact the whole bike is like new as it has been riden so little.

Like I said before, check the valves. After that, start looking for other issues. The valves can go out of spec after breakin. An entire set of valves isn't going to last much longer than 3000-3500 miles on a KLX so anything after 1500 miles and you could be due to adjust them. Hard starting is classic tight intake valve syndrome. Check them now or replace them soon.....