Weight loss on DRZ SM - can it be lighter?

I'm about to pick up a DRZ-400sm I really want the Husky SMR450(well I don't want the husky, I want a crf450 motard that is street legal) After reading the last 20 pages of post, I have learned that with abotu $1400 in mods I can make the kind of power I want. Just wondering if I can get the weight of the bike down.

Convert to kickstart? What else can be done to lighten these bikes? Remove passenger pegs.

Noticed the Ti axles but that seems a bit $$$

Thanks everyone and sorry if this has been discussed before.. couldn't find it

Well Ti everywhere is a great start if you have the bills but others are flush blinkers, get rid of the rear factory fender and do a small one, mirrors, bars, kickstarter is great but if your lazy like I am I prefer E-Start, Magnisum wheels $$$ though and I'm sure there is plenty more that I am not thinking of currently.

Moleson, not sure where you found that guy but he went through alot.
Ya the impressive thing is he removed that much and kept the Electric start.

Even though my bike has a ton of weight removal. (I don't even run blinkers or a horn on it and it is barely street legal if that). :bonk:

Unfortunately some of my mods actually add a bit of weight. Like Billetanium Clutch / Supermoto wheels and brakes / GPR V3 / Marzocchi 50mm works front end.... Yes they are the largest forks made for MX bikes. Beefy!

Anyways my SM is still much lighter than my nearly stock KLX400R (DRZ-E). ?

I learned about the japanese guy here on the forum. Pretty wild. :bonk: I use his numbers to evaluate different options to get weight off my scoot. I've done all the basics plus new rear fender/taillight, mirrors and yosh pipe. Can't get much more off without compromising features that make the bike street legal and street rideable like the headlight, fan, speedo etc.

Its never going to be a light bike compared to real dirt bikes but just eliminating weight that sits high on the bike makes a big change in feel. I think the biggest difference was swapping the mirrors out for dual stars. ? Those stock mirrors are heavy and sit high and wide.

A person losing 10 lbs is completely different than a 10 lb lighter bike. The bike will feel much lighter with 10 less lbs than if you lost 10 lbs.
if you had to loose 10lbs and did it you would feel good about youself ?:bonk: the bike would feel good to yourself as well if it lost 10lbs too ?