//////////// -= Forum Split =- \\\\\\\\\\\

Just a hint:

FORUM SPLIT FORUM SPLIT FORUM SPLIT FORUM SPLIT FORUM SPLIT

:bonk:?:eek:?:worthy::cool::prof:? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :banghead:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::foul: :foul: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

...nudge...nudge...wink...wink...say no more! ?

Too funny. ?

The ribbing is all good. Doesn't affect me, either way.

I could care less about what others think of what I ride, nor do I care what they ride. Never have, never will. Been that way since I started riding as a kid. Besides, brotherhood among thumper/motorcycle owners happens in the real world.

Speaking of brotherhood, it is interesting to me how judgmental the comments are in this thread, despite not knowing why I would want a split. Automatically, some assume the worst. Brotherhood starts with each of us, and ends with each of us. Practice what you preach, so to speak.

I just think a forum split makes sense in a technical sense as I search for specific threads to my bike in question. The R and L are vastly different machines with few, if any, interchangeable parts. The L has basically remained unchanged for over a decade, and there is certainly enough info on it to where it makes sense to categorize it. :bonk:

Ah, well, it's a free country, and the web is even free-er. I can always start my own forum. It's obvious from the vote that the majority would find it useful, which is the whole point, for me, anyhow. ?

Too funny. ?

The ribbing is all good. Doesn't affect me, either way.

Ribbing is fine- I make fun of the Lpigs weight myself.

But, there are some that go past that.

fer example, someone bought an L and posted about mods, and someone basically said "Ha, idiot, you bought the wrong bike".

NOT a good intro to TT for that person!

Dave

Ribbing is fine- I make fun of the Lpigs weight myself.

But, there are some that go past that.

fer example, someone bought an L and posted about mods, and someone basically said "Ha, idiot, you bought the wrong bike".

NOT a good intro to TT for that person!

Dave

yup, I agree 100% .. same goes for some threads where a newbie says he just bought a new bike (R or L, no matter) .. asking what mods he needs to do .. and he gets replies telling him he needs to go buy an Edelbrock, a thousand dollars of suspension work, etc, etc ... hell, no newbie wants to hear his bike is no good from the factory, and needs $$$ to be functional ... from some of the posts here, I must be in a Forum full of spoiled rich kids, that can go out and buy every new bike that comes down the pike ... get real ?

I think if people could learn to label their posts with the correct L or R we'd be just fine. I enjoy reading about all the models. Allows me to be more "well read" and help others better when problems arise.

I think if people could learn to label their posts with the correct L or R we'd be just fine. I enjoy reading about all the models. Allows me to be more "well read" and help others better when problems arise.

Good idea.

But keep in mind that a separation of L & R forums doesn't exclude either form the other. I can go into the XR250R or DR650 forum easily, and keep up with it, despite it being separate from the Honda 600/650 forum.

I would never want to segregate people, or put up any kind of "barriers". I just think the L & R are different in a vast amount of ways that it is an odd combination. To illustrate, the 250R/250L/400R have more in common with the L than does the 650R. Why not lump them in too? (Rhetorical question).

For me, the motivation is not to segregate, but to categorize. BIG difference. ?

I have a R and this is a great place for information, but I also enjoy reading about all the models. To me the L and R are both real good red pigs (or white), each of them better in defferent ways. For me when I cross a L rider out there I find it nice to know a little about his bike, because of this forum. Just keep it the way it is.

Well dang... Where would I go with my XL600R that has all of the lights removed and MX fenders installed?

Surely, you jest. ? (...and stop calling me Shirley...haha)

A 650L/600R category makes sense as they are very similar in *many* ways.

Conversely, a XR650L and a XR650R are similar in:

Red (oops, not really)

~650 cc's (but 100% different engines)

Hondas

Beyond that, what parts interchange between a 650L and a 650R?

Bars?

Grips?

Tires?

Oil?

Air?

Dirt?

Just a hint:

:bonk:?:eek:?:worthy::cool::prof:? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :banghead:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::foul: :foul: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

...nudge...nudge...wink...wink...say no more! ?

So what exactly are you looking for here? :banana:

yup, I agree 100% .. same goes for some threads where a newbie says he just bought a new bike (R or L, no matter) .. asking what mods he needs to do .. and he gets replies telling him he needs to go buy an Edelbrock, a thousand dollars of suspension work, etc, etc ... hell, no newbie wants to hear his bike is no good from the factory, and needs $$$ to be functional ... from some of the posts here, I must be in a Forum full of spoiled rich kids, that can go out and buy every new bike that comes down the pike ... get real ?

I bought a Uni filter, some jets, made my own smog block off, ground out the welds on the exhaust baffle, changed the rear sprocket and put 16,000 miles on my 04 L. But then again, I'm poor.

along the lines of including the type of bike in the title of the post......

how about a button in the title bar section of generating a post???....select type of bike to auto-populate the first four digits of the title...... 650r, 650l, 600r etc.

Really.. I see no need to disect the bikes into tiny little segments either.

All three major bikes usually here have one very distinguishing common characteristic:

HUGE ASS PISTONS, AND A LONG, LONG STROKES.... These bikes are all of the REAL thumpers!!

The fake thumpers have puny strokes, and could never pull a motorhome full of helpless orphans up a sand dune. ?

Good idea.

But keep in mind that a separation of L & R forums doesn't exclude either form the other. I can go into the XR250R or DR650 forum easily, and keep up with it, despite it being separate from the Honda 600/650 forum.

I would never want to segregate people, or put up any kind of "barriers". I just think the L & R are different in a vast amount of ways that it is an odd combination. To illustrate, the 250R/250L/400R have more in common with the L than does the 650R. Why not lump them in too? (Rhetorical question).

For me, the motivation is not to segregate, but to categorize. BIG difference. ?

It would be easier I agree to categorize the stuff (make that search a little smaller), but look at the thread count(at the bottom of the thread listing page). Right now there are 7569 threads!!! That'd be a nightmare for the mods to go through and seperate into L, R, XL, etc threads - and most certainly some would get lost (or put into the wrong area). I've seen other boards (non motorcycle) that they have done this with and it's almost like starting from scratch with the forum. I don't think you'd like the results. Who knows, maybe TT has the resources to effectively split them? I don't know...

Just a thought...

:bonk:

It would be easier I agree to categorize the stuff (make that search a little smaller), but look at the thread count(at the bottom of the thread listing page). Right now there are 7569 threads!!! That'd be a nightmare for the mods to go through and seperate into L, R, XL, etc threads - and most certainly some would get lost (or put into the wrong area). I've seen other boards (non motorcycle) that they have done this with and it's almost like starting from scratch with the forum. I don't think you'd like the results. Who knows, maybe TT has the resources to effectively split them? I don't know...

Just a thought...

?

Good points/input. Well spoken.