Sign in to follow this  

Ivan/Reed fair game

maybe no foul, yes. but if you have to intentionally hit someone in a block pass then your obviously not a better rider (reed) :thumbsup:

From that clip it looked like CR gave Tedesco more room than he deserved. He had several changes to completely park Tedesco. Even in the turn with the pass Tedesco just stubbornly tried to take a line that was no longer here and then came into contact with CR.

It's a sign of how gentlemanly SX has become when Tedesco has no second thoughts going high in a bowl turn when Reed is right beside him on the inside.

I would call that a good race pass. I remember when a block pass was a dirty move, but now it is just another accepted way to pass. I guess a little contact makes for good racing from a fans point of view.

I agree completely. Reed has nothing to cry about.... except not being as fast as RC & JS.

Like others have said, Carmichael and Stewart made pretty quick work of Tedesco, and he didn't let them by by any stretch of the imagination. If Reed is running their speed, why can't he get by Tedesco as quickly?

What about the pass that Langston put on Shorty in PHX? That was about as dirty a block pass as I've seen. Langston is notorious for last ditch efforts at passing by way of coming into a turn way too hot and using the person ahead of him as a means to not shoot the berm. He's done it on numerous occasions. If he truly was the faster rider, why would he need to pass that way on the last turn of the track. It reminded me of last years outdoor race when he blew out Alessi and screwed the kid out of a win. Anyone can simply grab throttle and ram into people. That's no way to win, as far as I'm concerned. I don't like Alessi, but that move by Langston probably screwed the kid out of the championship. Had Alessi finished first instead of 15th or whatever, the points standing for the series would have been much different. Agressiveness is part of racing, but balls out bumping off of people is unnecessary. It doesn't prove who the better rider is, it only proves who's willing to win at any cost.

looked good to me and shit anyone of you if put on the spot to turn resluts out u too would do the same damn thing. sponsers look at results not how u achive them unless you ram people off the track. so shit if ur not the faster guy u need to win some how. also to me that pass seemed quit clean.

Remember when shorty knocked helper down last in the corner, its whoever wants the win most. Dont care who are, if its the last corner of the last lap and there is an opening, guess what, yea your gonna go for it.

With the hole-shot elbows, the kicking like a little beyotch, standing on someones front wheel and trying to hit their kill swith, Alessi deserves to be punted off the track...

Remember when shorty knocked helper down last in the corner, its whoever wants the win most. Dont care who are, if its the last corner of the last lap and there is an opening, guess what, yea your gonna go for it.

Hepler left the inside way way open on that pass, and if you watch it again, you'll see that Short was turning inside Hepler, but Hepler just turned INTO Short and made himself fall. Had he accepted the fact that he went too wide and stayed in his line, he wouldn't have hit Short.

It's all about the inside line......that's how RC passed Tedesco as well, a delayed apex block pass in the turn.

it was clean and if rc was so good he would have been able to beat reed either way so maybe he is becoming overrated.

it was clean and if rc was so good he would have been able to beat reed either way so maybe he is becoming overrated.

but he did beat reed.....every race this year too if i might add.....yeah i guess that makes you overrated :thumbsup:

Looked clean like he just slowed to not allow Tedesco to square off and killed his momentum. They almost did exactly the same thing the lap before except Tedesco squared it and came across behind him.

Definately clean, maybe not neccesary but clean. And it was interesting to see IT's faster lines although CR might have not been taking them in order to not just follow but work for the pass. Good racing CR just got IT in those woop dee doos...haha.