Question.... should tehre be a little play in the top shock mount?....

I was going over my 99 CR125 with a fine tooth comb last night cause I was bored and I noticed that there is a bit of play in the top shock mount. With the bike on a stand, when i pull up slightly on the swingarm or wheel, you can feel/see a slight amount of movement in the top shock mount. My question is....is this normal or is this something I need to address? Are there bearings or a bushing that may be worn out? i do not race...strictly recreaction riding on tracks and trails.........

:thumbsup::bonk: No fix it before it KILLS YOU!! :thumbsup::eek: . Just kidding the bearing is worn. All of my bikes do that. I have changed them but they go back in no time. Just watch it doesn't get to loose.

There will always be a little play. I just had all my rear suspension bearings/bushings redone and there is still minimal play. As long as it is not sloppy don't worry about it.

pretty much normal. :thumbsup: When you tigthen the shock bolts MAKE sure to lift up the swingarm while tightening the top bolt first!!!

Ok...thanks.....Kind of what I figured but I wanted to be sure.

If I had to put a number on it, there is about 1/16" of movement at the upper attachment point.

your fine. don't sweat it.

pretty much normal. :thumbsup: When you tigthen the shock bolts MAKE sure to lift up the swingarm while tightening the top bolt first!!!

What is that supposed to do? Make you look like a goober while you're trying to tighten it?