How to loosen up

What do you guy's do to get loose? It seems to take me a good three hours to feel real good on the bike. I've tried changing diet, drinking more water, doing a little running an hour before ridding and still, i can't seem to feel good for a while. Basically just about at the end of the day, i feel great. What advice can you guy's give me?

I feel great as soon as i jump on my bike,it might take like a min or 2 before my body warms up or the blood gets flowing good, but definitly not all day, or longer than 5 or ten min.sounds like your nerves to me, my 11 year old daughter was the same way for a few months, but after taking her riding quite a bit she can jump on her bike and hit the first jump she sees.

Yeah it sounds like nerves to me. It took me a while to get comfotable as soon as I got to the track. I was doing good for a while, then I got hurt. Now I'm having to work back up to how I was.

Ride more times per week. More seat time = more comfort.

it takes me a while to get into that groove i get into when i ride. i know what you mean.

I have never really had a problem with not being comfortable on a bike since I switched to the big bikes. I'll go out and ride a few slow laps just to test the track, but I'll always feel right on the bike. My dad rides just as much as me, but just from watching him you can tell that he is never comfortable on the bike. I work out every weekday, but for the last 4 months I haven't been able to work out or ride from hand surgery and I still feel just as comfortable on the bike, even on my new 450. I think it's either that you ride way too little, or some people just naturally aren't as comfortable on bikes as others.

Listening to music has done wonders for me. Generally I feel comfortable after about 15 mins on the bike, but after a close call or something that makes me shaky (minor crash) I will listen to music untill I am ready to go. I normally listen to rock, and am a massive rock fan, but I have found that rap actually gets me in a better mood for MX. It just has a smooth beat, and makes you want to loosen up with the music (whereas rock makes you intense).

Give it a try, see how it works for you. I generally listen to music the entire ride up to the track, so that helps me too. You just have to find a song that will let you block out the entire world and get in your zone. Sounds dumb... but works for me.

Ride more times per week. More seat time = more comfort.

That is exactly right i use to be the same way until i just started to ride more

That is exactly right i use to be the same way until i just started to ride more

Yeah I can say that I get comfortable faster at times when I went riding more often. It didnt take me as long to get comfortable on the bike again before turning "fast" laps.

The music thing works for me. I listen to rock all the way to the track just to get me pumped, then I get my ipod shuffle out and listen to rap on the track, it just seems like it makes me ride smoother and have a better flow.

I listen to rock all the way to the track just to get me pumped, then I get my ipod shuffle out and listen to rap on the track, it just seems like it makes me ride smoother and have a better flow.

Thats EXACTLY what I do, except I dont listen to it on the track, I just get it in my head and hit the track.

I listen to Screamo and Metal. It makes you more alert.

I usually just hop on....go slow for a minute or two to make sure the bikes alright...then crack the throttle and just go as fast as I can until I have a close call.....that usually wakes me up to a point where I am "In The Zone" from then on.

I just have to go out and do something I dont want to right off the bat to get me in the zone. You know, do a 50 ft tabletop, try and ride a 3rd gear wheelie the second you throw your leg over the bike, and just like that you will be in the zone. I used to be that way too, but now, I get so into riding that I wont even comprehend the day going by. Ill look at my watch before I start at 7 or 8, then I look down again thinking its time for a break and it will already be 2 or 3 o'clock.