Sign in to follow this  

SS clad brake lines DR650?

I can lock my brakes front and rear. Maybe you have some crap in your master cylinder? You can clean it and replace the rubber if it needs it. I've never heard of a problem with the dr650 brakes

my bike is almost ten years old now and i flushed my brakes front and rear and they are pretty spot on my buddy's ktm duke 2 with stainless lines.

I can lock my brakes front and rear. Maybe you have some crap in your master cylinder? You can clean it and replace the rubber if it needs it. I've never heard of a problem with the dr650 brakes

SS lines aren't to add power to the caliper, they're for precision--better feel. It also usually means less effort at the lever, which also improves feel.

The Dr has excellent brakes ...front and rear.

There is a 285mm rotor up front. The KLR and the XRL have i believe 250 mm front brakes.

okay, I'll be the 1st to admit it.....the only reason I would change to stainless steel is cause they add a tiny bit of bling to the moto. :thumbsup:

Just changed the front hose on our DR650 to S/S last week - less spongy and somehow more instant brake response.

Worth doing. :thumbsup:

Got Spiegler's on mine. Did notice a little better feel on the front.