TC 250 revalved suspension

I just got my 05 TC 250 re-valved for off-road both ends and new fork springs. I was able to ride it a little last night, seems to be a world of difference! The front end is very plush now with 4.1 springs (stock are 4.8 I think). Very responsive on stutter bumps but still able to handle larger hits. I had a YZ 250f before with Ohlins on the front and these forks seem better so far!!!! I intend to ride more this weekend if the weather cooperates. What an awesome bike this seems to be!! The bike is soooooo stable and never wanders from the intended path!! The power is great too! I think they are quieter than the Japanese 250's and it is misleading as to how fast you are going. I don't understand why the magazines don't give them any respect. Even enough to test them???

YZ250 f traded for Husky

WR250 f long gone

KDX 200- good bike, wrong noise

Nice report ? I rode one and agree, great bike. I would be on one right now if i wasn't in the middle of starting a business. :bonk: As far as power JD (Jetting) had both the new power king the KTM SXF250 and the -6TE250 on the dyno the same day and the TE made more power. plus it kept making power and did not really sign off. JD said this is the first bike he has seen do that to that extent.

Its simply a great bike.

I revalved my 06 510. the stock compression stack in the shock was from back in the late 80's style. the forks needed more oil flow and a better shim stack and other mods. now the bike tracks staight when riding over lots of rocks. the stock springs from and back have been changed for my weight. I bet the 250 is lots of fun to ride. Hope to try on someday. I raced 250 husky's (2 stroke) in the early 80's -D37

Mitch

I love rding a 250 4 stroke, for me they are the best balance of power and weight!!!!!! 450's have too much power and weight for me. when I get tired it gets me into trouble. I hit things(broken collarbone and ribs a year ago). I have owned a couple different 250's and had the opportunity to ride several other brands and the Husky really handles and for an old guy the button is fantastic! It does have a slight stumble at low rpm occassionally in a tight corner. When it coughs it stalls. I had cured this on my Yamaha with some flywheel weight that also helped it to start better. The Husky starts great!! So I'm a little reluctant to add flywheel weight to it. I am going to try a step larger on the slow speed jet and see if that helps. If it was an old round slide Mikuni I would say that the cutaway on the slide was to big. I don't think this carb has that option?????

• 3 weeks later...
IIt does have a slight stumble at low rpm occassionally in a tight corner. When it coughs it stalls. I had cured this on my Yamaha with some flywheel weight that also helped it to start better. The Husky starts great!! So I'm a little reluctant to add flywheel weight to it. I am going to try a step larger on the slow speed jet and see if that helps. If it was an old round slide Mikuni I would say that the cutaway on the slide was to big. I don't think this carb has that option?????

90% of the time with these it is an accelerate pump adjust meant issue. Look there first.

If I weigh about 155lbs and I am a beginner rider are the stock spring rates on a 05 TC250 to stiff for me? I belive they are 4.8 and 5.4 front and rear respectively.

I think they might be too stiff for you but I like my suspension cushy. Try it and see how you get along. If you ride fast stuff they may be allright. If you ride gnarly slow rocky rooty stuff they are probably too stiff. Other people have not mentioned much about changing springs in this forum though.

I added a flywheel weight to mine. There is a lot of room for one. It seems to have made the bike more responsive at lower midrange. I haven't ridden it too much yet. It definately has not hurt the topend.