Sign in to follow this  

Scotts stabalizer

Hey guys , some of you may have read my other post about my insane headshake problem, after I get the suspension dialed in I would like to install a Scotts steering dampener but not untill after everything is done so I dont just band-aid the problem.My question is this...what is the best/sturdyst mount/setup to run? I know some of it is preferance so what im looking for is the setup that performs bets and holds up best , looks and position dosent matter unless its like in my lap or something haha.other then that what is the best price I could look for / place to get it that will also have good customer service whne it comes time to replace / service it or if there is a problem.Thanks again...

Best regards

Ryan

Ryan,

when I was shopping for mine, the TT store had the best price. Trust me, I looked everywhere and the TT store was the best. In terms of set up, new and best thing is the sub mount. Check out their web site at www.scottsperformance.com

Ryan,

when I was shopping for mine, the TT store had the best price. Trust me, I looked everywhere and the TT store was the best. In terms of set up, new and best thing is the sub mount. Check out their web site at www.scottsperformance.com

The sub mount is the newest, whether or not it is the best is up for debate. On my CR500AF I chose to run the standard over the bar mount. I run Fasstco Flexx bars and they already sit pretty high. With the sub mount system, it raises the bars another 3/4 -1 inch. That was way too tall for my liking. If your a taller chap, you may prefer the extra height, at 5'10.99999999" , I didn't like the bars under my chin. Also check BRPIT.com, give them a call, they have some great set ups. Decent prices too.

Chris

on a non aluminum frame, I strongly suggest you get the weld on post. I love my Scotts damper, but my last one had the bolt on post, and it would come loose all the time... nothing worse than finding out your damper post has come loose at 50 mph on a huge set of braking bumps

ok...the sub mount is the cleanist and only raises the bars up 3/4 of a inch or so right? if so that is the way I would like to go, will eh damper still work the best it can and be as strong as it can be?if so where is the cheapest place to get the BEST mounts/stuff for it bar none. Thanks again for all your help. ohh yeah I have a 06 450 exc so ill need a lsit of the exact parts I need for a complete best of the best install if you wouldent mind. :bonk::thumbsup: .

best regards

Ryan

The sub mount is the newest, whether or not it is the best is up for debate. On my CR500AF I chose to run the standard over the bar mount. I run Fasstco Flexx bars and they already sit pretty high. With the sub mount system, it raises the bars another 3/4 -1 inch. That was way too tall for my liking. If your a taller chap, you may prefer the extra height, at 5'10.99999999" , I didn't like the bars under my chin. Also check BRPIT.com, give them a call, they have some great set ups. Decent prices too.

Chris

The TT store does the BRP set-ups too... :thumbsup:

Ok well ive decided I want the sub mount for sure, I was rideing today and would really like the added bar height. What are the strongest/best submounts available? Also wheres a good place to get them?