a picture of Moab

Last weekend, on the Fins & Things trail. I know my bike should be in the picture, but it's just so pretty: Fins & Things I made it my screen saver. Since this is the technical forum, I guess I should ask if anyone can identify what tire made those tracks in the dirt? :thumbsup:

Very nice place indeed.Is it open all year?

I haven't been back to Moab in 12 years. I last rode the place on my TT-600 and had an absolute blast. There were about 12 of us from Colorado that all went together. Now 8 of that 12 is dead, I'm pretty much crippled up and 2 have quit riding completly. Shumake is all that is left and I hardly ever see him. 12 hour work days don't leave you much time for anything but eating and sleeping. He's pushing 60 now so how much longer he'll be at it I don't know. I'm hanging by a thread myself. So you enjoy that place as much as you can. You can't ride forever, damnit! pdawg :bonk::thumbsup:

I was in Moab this past summer, no bike though. I was driving to Vegas and had never been there so I drove through to check it out and spent a few hours exploring in my Jeep. It's without a doubt one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Seeing these pictures makes me wish I was back there but with my bike this time.Picture012.jpg

nice pics. thats probably the closest i'll ever get to moab.

where's that lions back hill? i'd love to see some shots of that.

how fortunate you are to ride in such a nice place

Nice shots man - and it musta been cool to not have anyone else around.

What tires are those? Kenda 760's?

Lions Back is pretty kewl, been there a number of times as well as several other trails. Lions back is actually private property and is not really a trail, just something to look at and walk up and down, or drive if you want to pay the fee. The trail next to it however is about the sweetest one is Moab "Hells Revenge" !!!!

Very nice place indeed.Is it open all year?

Right now the frost is staying a couple of inches under the surface of the sand. So everything seems fine, just tearing up the washes, and then you're sliding. But hey, sideways is fun! Average high is mid-50's by mid-Feb, can't beat that for winter. The snow stays up in the mountain tops until early June.

prairiedawg- there's still plenty of places here that old and slow (I prefer "cautious") guys can have lots of fun. They're the only ones I know...

Those pictures are great! I scrolled through the other pics in the album, so I saw you in the air and saw your bike!

Where exactly is Moab?

Those pictures are great! I scrolled through the other pics in the album, so I saw you in the air and saw your bike! Where exactly is Moab?

The picture of me jumping doesn't show the takeoff bump, it's really easy, where I take newbies to learn to fly. Moab is the base town for Arches Nat'l Park and Canyonlands Nat'l Park, on the Colorado river. South-eastern Utah, a few hours north of Monument Valley. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Sounds like it's in striking distance from Phoenix!

Hey, if you ever want to show me around, I'd love to bring my son and myself up. That area is unbelievably stunning, and seeing it in person would be intense.

harp, its close and fabulous. I'm taking the whole family again over spring break, March 24th thru April 1 if you wanna try it! :thumbsup:

Lions Back is pretty kewl, been there a number of times as well as several other trails. Lions back is actually private property and is not really a trail, just something to look at and walk up and down, or drive if you want to pay the fee. The trail next to it however is about the sweetest one is Moab "Hells Revenge" !!!!

thanks for the reply. that's kind of where i was going w/that. wondering if you could ride up it. the only time i've seen it is in that video clip of the chevy blazer loosing it's brakes coming down.

as far as editing your sig., go to the contol panel @ the top of the page. click on user controls or something like that. you'll see edit sig..

again, great pics..

Yes I know. Colorado has a bunch too. That's why I doubt I'll ever ride the place again. I went about 6 times there and we stayed for 2 weeks each time. There are places in Colorado that are quite similar, but they aren't all in one place like Moab is. Heck I can't complain, being retired and Rampart isn't really that far away. Hell even an old cripple like me can still handle that. Damn it is whooped out though! prairiedawg :bonk::thumbsup:

harp, its close and fabulous. I'm taking the whole family again over spring break, March 24th thru April 1 if you wanna try it! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer! But my son's spring break is a week earlier than yours. Maybe in June after school let's out, though I think I'll try to make it up there before then.

Kinda reminds me of Sedona, AZ. Spectacular mountain biking area. I don't know about DRZ'in though. Any ideas harjp? You're closer than I am.

Moab definately looks like one of those "must do before I die" places.

Later...

I did a Sedona to Williams dual sport ride last October. Got away from Sedona pretty quickly. Awesome single track in the Coconino National Forest, which we jumped onto right out of Sedona. Then the ride from Jerome to Williams on jeep road, primitive roads and trails was beautiful and fun.

Didn't see much "Red Rock" though. I think those Sedona-types keep that for hiking and horseback riding.