silver paint for frame

Anyone know where I can get silver paint for the frame of my xr? I would like to use rustoleum or something like that. does not have to match exactly. just want to freshen it up to keep the rust down. It will eventually get a all black frame but until then....

thanks

Rustoleum works OK, but your boots will wear it off quickly.

I used CAT black engine paint the last time I painted my frame and it has yet to wear off. strong stuff. Available at any CAT dealer.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Don't use Rustoleum unless it is acrylic. Plain old Rustoleum is not fuel resistant and that could get ugly.

I had really good luck with Duplicolor spray that was specifically a silver paint for wheels. It matched very closely on my 250. Many autoparts stores carry this line as well as Wallyworld.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheel.html

try Hammerite (sp?) they have it at Home Depot and OSH, very very tough, but it does not have a smooth finish, kinda comes out w/ a hammerd look. kinda cool very hard to chip and scratch

PJ1 make s the factory silver gray paint used on the XR's I just bought a can from Pit Posse. Perfect match and also very tough.

thanks guys. I'll stay away from rustoleum. :thumbsup:

anyother ideas on paint? Not sure if I can get to a CAT dealer or not.

Black would be good.

PJ1 makes frame paint. they make that grey and they also make black. my GF's XR 250 came from a kid who painted the frame black and it looks great. held up well last season, too.