Sign in to follow this  

CRF450X WR450F difference?

getting ready to buy a new bike and getting mixxed answers to witch one to get any info let me know.

There is no issue with the X so far. The main issue is with the tranny design requiring more oil when riding a long time in 5th gear or on smooth trails or roads.

even on the 2006 models? i am getting a honda but had heard of problems.

i love the desert and used to race in the 80's now ride a KLX650 and want to upgrade to something lightler.my buddies have wr426 wr450 cant wait to blow there doors off

They are both great bikes,I have ridden both models and i say the difference is the Honda Feels way more comfy and the Yamaha seems to have taller gears but they both are great bikes.I like HONDAS

the x has a lot more power out of the box then the wr. The valves on the x will need more mantainance then the wr's. I have had to shim mine twice and my buddy with the wr hasnt had any problems. We run the same fuel, air filters, and have about the same amount of hours.

He weighs 200 and i weigh 260 (fatass) and the x still pulls away from the wr. The x is bone stock, i only removed the baffle. The wr has all the free mods and a dr d pipe/ silencer

You ask that question in the Honda forum and what do you expect to get for an answer. Valve problem, there aren't any if you keep your air filter clean, that means every ride. Tranny problems, fill it with the right amount of oil and there is no problem there. That leaves you with picking the best bike available, the Honda. I think the Yamaha is the second best. If you post the same question in the Yamaha forum you will get a totally difference response, they seem to be the experts on Honda's.

The WRX is a rebadged CRF. Look at the Suzuki part numbers, they are exactly the same as the Honda part numbers, just with an "h" at the end. Every single piece is interchangeable between the two bikes. I know this for a fact.

Fact, Shmact. I know for a fact that you are wrong, 'cuase my buddy builds the CRFX in the factory in Orange County. He glues the frames together, and there are no suzuki part numbers on the pieces. I heard the same kind of bull in the Yamaha forum. They were saying that all the axles for Hondas were made from melted down Cannondales, but that would be to expensvie to import that Russian bike over here, right?

I have ridden them both as the owner of 2 wr's 98 and 04 and ridden the 05 many times. I find myself a reluctant 450x fan to the point of recently selling the 04 WR and buying a 05 CRF450X. Once the wr was uncorked it had more of a power hit not much but slight. Everything else on the Honda however in the handling and fun category was better not by a mile but enough to make me happy I changed. I was somewhat wary of the Honda motor due to having such stellar experiences with the bulletproof yami motor. My Honda motor has been great so far and the Unicam is really a superior design now that the teething issues have been hammered out. I am delighted with the performance and don't miss my WR though it still has a warm place in my heart. I have had a lot of saddle time on both these bikes and am content with settling on the Honda. Even though my gear is still mostly blue.

Fact, Shmact. I know for a fact that you are wrong, 'cuase my buddy builds the CRFX in the factory in Orange County. He glues the frames together, and there are no suzuki part numbers on the pieces. I heard the same kind of bull in the Yamaha forum. They were saying that all the axles for Hondas were made from melted down Cannondales, but that would be to expensvie to import that Russian bike over here, right?

Oh, please. I know the owners of both Suzuki, Yamaha Sakamoto, and Honda, Kawasaki Kwakamoto, and they have both told me they are the same bikes. Should I listen to you, or the presidents of both companies? We have lunch at McDonalds every day, man.

the x has a lot more power out of the box then the wr. The valves on the x will need more mantainance then the wr's. I have had to shim mine twice and my buddy with the wr hasnt had any problems. We run the same fuel, air filters, and have about the same amount of hours.

He weighs 200 and i weigh 260 (fatass) and the x still pulls away from the wr. The x is bone stock, i only removed the baffle. The wr has all the free mods and a dr d pipe/ silencer

Your friend must not know how to ride because both bikes are about equal...unless his WR is defective

i asked my mech. about tranny and he has one and says to run tranny oil in trans, better lubrication he said so im going out today and will tell u how it goes. whats the worst that can happen, ill have to rebiuld my trans. no prob its only a tranny.