Bell Moto 8 Helmet

It is the most comfortable helmet that I've ever had the pleasure of placing on my sweaty dome. Get one, you'll be happy! :thumbsup:

Sure do like mine!

I got the Motoworld replica.

Very comfy, good ventilation, and light weight.

The only thing you might not like is that the lower guard is kind of short. (close to your face)

Hasn't bothered me though.

I saw all models at the dealer show last year in Indy, and I can tell ya, NO picture can do any of those paint jobs justice.

They are incredible. Except for the flat black one. (Flat black is flat black.)

Great helmets I love mine. I wouldnt pay 400 for it though, stick with the sale ones. If i were to spend 400 for one id go spend the extra cash and go with the new shoei.

Great helmets I love mine. I wouldnt pay 400 for it though, stick with the sale ones. If i were to spend 400 for one id go spend the extra cash and go with the new shoei.

Ditto.

http://www.thebellstore.com/Helmets/moto8.html

Also, the cutout is smaller than my previous helmets, make sure you try the helmet on WITH goggles. I ended up trimming a small amount of foam off of the edges of my goggles to get them to fit correctly.

my buddy picked one up (an 08 model) with a nice bag and extra cheek pads for $150.

Bell helmets are great, i have a lot of trust in them safteywise. THey are also super comfteranle. The only thing i dont like is the goggle port, i have too look around for gogles that fit well.

I love my Bell Moto 8! Best helmet I have worn...(well, except my Shoei street bike helmet. Cannot wear that for MX. lol)

I like mine. As mentioned, the faceguard sits close to your face. So if you have a really big nose, it may bother you. Mine is really tight around the temple area when I am putting it on, but it feels great once on my head.

i just came from a bell moto 8.. it is a very good helmet.. just switched to a shoei vfx-w cause i got it for free from one of my sponsors.. i love both lids.. u cant go wrong..

my buddy picked one up (an 08 model) with a nice bag and extra cheek pads for $150.

Smart guy! I did the same thing, and bought this off Ebay new for $141 delivered.

bellmoto8.jpg

Be sure to try one on first. I and many others think it's the most uncomfortable helmet out there. I suppose it just depends on your head shape, and many people do have different shaped heads.

Bubba doesn't even where one, and he is paid by Bell.

Be sure to try one on first. I and many others think it's the most uncomfortable helmet out there. I suppose it just depends on your head shape, and many people do have different shaped heads.

Bubba doesn't even where one, and he is paid by Bell.

umm dude... he wears a bell moto 8/9 prototype.. i believe this year its the full on 9 prototype..

Wasnt he using the MB-1, like the cheaper one? Any news on when the 9 is coming out?

umm dude... he wears a bell moto 8/9 prototype.. i believe this year its the full on 9 prototype..

Nope!

James Stewart wears a Bell MX-1

He did not like the way the Moto 8 fit. Supposedly he was used to the Fox V3 and the $159 Bell MX-1 was more comfortable to him. Look at this helmet and look at pics of Stewart and compare it to the Moto 8. I was told this by an inside source.

2010-Bell-MX-1-Bones-Helmet.gifbell_moto_8.jpgJames%20Stewart%20Greeting%20Fans.jpg3648959570_294eb92f5c.jpgas_fmx_stewey_576.jpgJames%20Stewart%20cool%2009.JPG

dude.. go check out the latest pics of steward.. its a damn moto 8/9.. the one he has on in vegas right now is a moto 9 replica.. u can see the detail of the vents on the top of the lid.. also the helmet in a1 of 09 is a moto 8. i just need to dig up some pics

Great Information.

Just bought one:banana:

from personal experience dont go with the matte black moto8 i have it currtently and the paint chips off the visor just from rocks or roost hitting it.....helmet does come with 2 different cheek pads and a nice bag and 2 visors.....not a bad helmet its pretty comfortable but i would atleast try one on before you buy it because i would beleive that there is more comfortable and better helmets out there for under that price....also the matte black scratches super easy and you see them all and is tough to keep clean looking

hope this helps