Sign in to follow this  

Over size or wave rotor?

I want to add some stopping power to the front wheel of my E. Should I go with an oversize rotor kit or a wave rotor?

I've got the wave rotor and like it.. can't compare cause the owner before me installed it...

I have a 280 mm EBC rotor on my "S", and love it.

But it is a bit fussy with pad choice in wet conditions, I am using EBC red,

for the winter and they are very good.

I find that I have all the brakes that a 21 inch tyre can cope with.

Neil. :thumbsup::bonk::thumbsup:

If it's for off-road purposes, I'd say wave rotor.

Yeah, off-road and a lot of times in wet muddy conditions.

Yeah, off-road and a lot of times in wet muddy conditions.

Yep. Wave. Check out my Galfers in my garage.

I would love to put an oversized wave on but so far they don't make one for the SM model.

Off road in the mud and you don't have enough stopping power from the front brake? I think I would concentrate on feel instead of outright power. Make sure you have all the air out of the line, use a high quality brake fluid and change to a stainless line.

Off road in the mud and you don't have enough stopping power from the front brake? I think I would concentrate on feel instead of outright power. Make sure you have all the air out of the line, use a high quality brake fluid and change to a stainless line.

Yeah you might be right, maybe just need to bleed, change fluid and switch to stainless line. I'll try that first and see how it feels.

I spray brake cleaner on my pads, rotor and caliper after every ride to get the gunk off so they work more efficiently each time out...

If you really need more braking power, I think you will need an oversize rotor. I have 2 sets of wheels for my KTM400 EXC, one with stock rotors and the other with wave rotors. I change wheels at races frequently and I can't tell any difference between them.

(Don't get excited, I have an '06 DRZ400S for dual sport rides)

If you really need more braking power, I think you will need an oversize rotor. I have 2 sets of wheels for my KTM400 EXC, one with stock rotors and the other with wave rotors. I change wheels at races frequently and I can't tell any difference between them.

(Don't get excited, I have an '06 DRZ400S for dual sport rides)

I'll try to contain myself :thumbsup: