xr650r engine

I'm hoping that I could get some help trying to find an xr650 engine for sale. I could buy a wrecked xr650 to use the engine as well. How do you get a brand new one? Where is a good place to find a used one? How much am I looking at? Does anyone want to sell an xr650r engine? Thanks for your help

James

CSracing

I'm hoping that I could get some help trying to find an xr650 engine for sale. I could buy a wrecked xr650 to use the engine as well. How do you get a brand new one? Where is a good place to find a used one? How much am I looking at? Does anyone want to sell an xr650r engine? Thanks for your help

James

CSracing

u wanna put it in a quad or something? i've seen people do that, especially for the baja 1000

service honda has everything man.

including an engine.

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts/engines.html

2001 XR650 $2760.oo

2002 XR650 $2820.oo

2003 XR650 $2880.oo

2001 XR650L $2640.oo

Almost $4000 for a CRF 450R motor??? Why would you get just the motor when most decent dealers will sell the whole bike to you for around $6500 OTD ?

sounds some what reasonable for the 2001 xr650r motor at 2600. why can't I buy a xr400 motor for that? they have xr600 motors for sale?

we were trying to figure that out in the XR forums a few days ago as well. someone pointed out that you can get a TRX400 engine. i think that engine has a milder cam than the XR version, but the TRX engine has electric start! ?

sounds some what reasonable for the 2001 xr650r motor at 2600. why can't I buy a xr400 motor for that? they have xr600 motors for sale?

You could buy a brand new leftover 2003 XR650R for $4000. Pull the motor, part out the rest on Ebay. Seems like the cheapest way to go if you have the time. Or you can find a barely used 650 for about $3000-$3500. Most of the parts could still be sold as "like new" on Ebay. Doesn't seem like a good deal to buy just the motor for $2600 +tax+shipping.

Thanks for the replys.

Yes this is for a baja 1000 quad i've talked with a few people that really like there 650 race bike. I think the top speed and overall faster cruising speed will be nice in fast sections!! Does anyone know what the actual difference in weight between the engines? 650 and 450? With uncorking the 650 do you keep the stock cam?