Sign in to follow this  

I've put my MX life in Dr. Marks capable hands

I'm going for a Patella Realignment on Monday. With the great success rate that Dr. Mark has had, I figure why fight the battle! I believe that he's the first doctor I've ever used that will actually provide a way to contact him directly. This says a lot about him, and that's another reason why I'm coming out of pocket to fly to Houston for the surgery. One of the premier university hospitals with very good surgeons is only an hour from me (UAB Birmingham), but I still feel more comfortable going to Houston. I'll post my progress here as I have some news. :thumbsup:

biznet1,

You won't be disappointed!!!!! (I flew from FL to go to Dr. S after visiting the quack Dr.'s around here)

Watch out for Ed though, he ain't got a sympathetic bone in his body :bonk: (joking Ed, if your watching)

Don :thumbsup:

PM me or call me if you want/need any info!!

biznet1, you have made the right decision...I've seen and met too many of Dr Sanders surgical patients and I haven't heard a single complaint or seen a bad result. Dr Sanders just repaired my elderly mom's knee and she's doing fantastic....another yahoo wanted to do a total knee replacement, she's thrilled that she didn't opt for that.

DonO, yep....Ed has issues ;-) I screamed like a girl in his office with DrMark and Ed standing there screaming just as loud that if I didn't get 'er done then my progress would be delayed.

The only problem I currently have is that DrMark is going out of town for the San Francisco supercross to root for his sponsored rider Jeff Dement....I'm racing this weekend myself and he's not gonna be around to put me back together :-)

I have never treated a person that has had this surgery (just a lateral retinacular release) so I will be interested in your progress. Please keep us informed!

Sounds like he's doing okay, from TT Husky Forum.....

Just got off the phone with my web master Scott. While in the process of updating site had to go into hospital for some serious suspension work had to have his knees realigned. He is in bed hooked up to some type of mechanical walking machine to work his knees. He sounded in good spirits hooked up to IV and has a happy button for his pain killers, sounded as he had it pinned(happy button). Had the procedure done so he could RIDE longer without the pain. Talked about the new tc-450's so he's thinking of better times. Looks like a couple more weeks. Later George

Scott did Up-Tite Husky's website.

Norman

Sounds like he's doing okay, from TT Husky Forum.....

Just got off the phone with my web master Scott. While in the process of updating site had to go into hospital for some serious suspension work had to have his knees realigned. He is in bed hooked up to some type of mechanical walking machine to work his knees. He sounded in good spirits hooked up to IV and has a happy button for his pain killers, sounded as he had it pinned(happy button). Had the procedure done so he could RIDE longer without the pain. Talked about the new tc-450's so he's thinking of better times. Looks like a couple more weeks. Later George

Scott did Up-Tite Husky's website.

Norman

Is that you george? I'll have your site back up soon. I had to lay off of the happy button, it started making my package itch like hell! I'm out of the hospital now, sitting in the motel room. For everyone's interest here, Dr. Mark did a bilateral (both knees) Patella realignment. I walked out of the hospital! So far so good, I'll keep you all posted. BTW, Ed took some video of me walking the day after surgery.

Well, Biznet, I told you no crutches. Ed told me you were walking really well. With progress like this, you will be riding in no time. How do you feel about us uploading the video of you walking like a normal guy?

I hope you weren't videoed from the back wearing the hospital gown (LOL!)

Well, Biznet, I told you no crutches. Ed told me you were walking really well. With progress like this, you will be riding in no time. How do you feel about us uploading the video of you walking like a normal guy?

I hope you weren't videoed from the back wearing the hospital gown (LOL!)

Sure, you can use the video. I think he got a butt shot, but he said it was for his own personal use. :thumbsup:

Biz,

Glad it's going well, now trade that Honda for a Husky. :thumbsup:

Norman

LOL! Hey I love Huskies! I have a CR125. My next woods bike will be a TE.

Ed's had that problem ever since he got out of prison.

(Ed are you viewing this?)

LOL! Hey I love Huskies! I have a CR125. My next woods bike will be a TE.

Haven't seen you in the Husky Forum for a while and saw the Honda on signature. I'm relieved. :thumbsup:

Norman

Reply to doc from other thread:

Hey doc. As for my wife's fusion, she's doing much better now, and has good and bad days, but I think she's got nerve damage and will just have to live with the pain now. The surgery didn't make it worse, but not better either.

I'm doing good. I'm having someone pick up a new exercise bike today, because the one I'm using doesn't have any resistance and I feel like I'm ready to increase the resistance some now. The swelling has went down substantially and I have very little pain except in the mornings when I first go to the bathroom. There is a lot of pressure around the outsides of my knee caps, but I believe that it's just the swelling in that area. I can almost touch my butt with the backs of my heels now. The only thing stopping me is the remaining swelling in the knees. The only area that kind of concerns me, is the outside/top areas of each knee cap. It feels much like it did before in those areas. Is this due to the swelling or something from the surgery? Other than that, your incisions are quite impressive and I believe I will have a fast recovery! I think the scars will hardly be noticeable. I don't really need any pain medicine now except in the morning. I think my head hurts more than anything else, probably due to the blood thinner? I think you did a great job and so far I'm very pleased.

Let's see that video!

Keep up the good work. With respect to some of the pain and swelling, you must remember that you had major surgery on BOTH knees. It will take some time. My best guess is seven more weeks, but improvement will continue after that time.

Mark

Keep up the good work. With respect to some of the pain and swelling, you must remember that you had major surgery on BOTH knees. It will take some time. My best guess is seven more weeks, but improvement will continue after that time.

Mark

Dang doc! It's been 5 whole days! How long is this gonna take! :thumbsup: Seriously, at the rate I'm improving, I can't be more pleased. I could actually work now if I wanted too, but I'm doing what you said and rest.

if you have a desk job, there is no reason not to go to work tomorrow. Keep your legs elevated to keep down swelling.

Shhhhh :thumbsup: :thumbsup: BTW, when can I stop wearing the panty hose? I forgot.

You know, Ed kept saying that!.... (I hope I never have to meet him again!) :thumbsup: