Fork and Shock springs 06 kx250f

2006 kx250f - rider wieght 130 lbs--

I am going to buy front springs and rear shock spring. I looked it up on race tech for the wieghts of the springs

Front= stock 0.460 kg/mm

motocross - 0.408 kg/mm

supercross - 0.428 kg/mm

arenacross - 0.418 kg/mm

Rear= stock 5.0 kg/mm

motocross - 4.76 kg/mm

supercross - 4.96 kg/mm

I have 2 questions. 1 is I should probably go with the motocross setup becuase I ride on tight stadium type tracks 60% of the time but they are not as technical as a real professional supercross track, but I do ride on motocross tracks the other 40% of the time do you think this is the right thing to do? The stock wieght fork oil is 5w correct?

Also, for the rear shock spring.... well its titanium, and putting in a non titanium spring is a downgrade so, where can i get a softer titanium spring at?

or should i just keep the rear spring stock.

I set the sag on the bike, it dropped 1.25 inches stock when i sat on it LOL. so I backed the collars off and set it to have 4 inches or 100-105 mm's. WOW that made a huge friggen difference in handling I gained like 5-10 % more speed around the track i didnt realize how much it would help

So it is set up and seems to feel nice, would the rear spring really help?

if you are gonna ride pretty much half MX and half SX than i would go with the AX front for fork springs because it is right in the middle of the SX and MX suggestions that race tech gave you. And as for the shock, you said it made a big difference after you set the sag and everything up right, so i would leave it cause if you put it on and dont like it you are screwed. But later on, after testing the forks out, if you think you need a new rear shock spring go ahead and order it cause it isnt as much as a down grade as you think, it will be the correct spring rate for you size and riding ability.

hope that helped some:excuseme:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By DirtBikeHead
      2015 Kawasaki KX250f - 20 hours
      As close to new as I'd imagine you'd get! I bought the bike brand new, I'm older and have taken extremely good care of this bike. Very little use and is COMPLETELY stock - everything is original. 
      Comes with the title, original book and map couplers for the fuel injection.
      $4700 - cash 
    • By CodyR
      Just thought maybe everyone could post up there youtube channels an we could all help eachother out by subscribing to one another.
      Heres mine ill sub back asap.
    • By bangmyhead
      Time for a top end on my bike, just wondering if there are any alternative Valve springs i can use. I have PC cams and $400 for just the springs and retainers is alil costly at the moment.
      This has been fun in other sections of TT, so I'll start the thread here and see if we can keep it going.
      Let us know what kind of mods, fixes, changes, etc.., you performed today, or just general fun you had with, your KX250F.
      I'll start with.. I installed a correct for my weight Race Tech shock spring, along with a Pivot Works shock spring thrust bearing. Also cleaned out all the nasty yellow plastic/wax crap that passes for grease in the lower shock bearing, and re-lubed it with Bel Ray waterproof.
    • By MotocrossMaverick
      Hey guys i have just gotten off my Honda crf150r and i am looking for a new bike. I have been to the dealership and have already checked out the Kx250f and the Crf250r. I am looking more at the Rm-z250 then any other bike right now. I need help finding what bike would be best for me. I have never been on a 250 but i am starting racing about a month after getting the bike. I was also offered $5800 for the Kx250f and i know it killed 2012 i am just not sure about a Kawasaki. Honestly i am not sure bout any please help!!