Sign in to follow this  

Extended Fuel screw

what do you guys think about them? i think there a good idea but i can't see myself fine tuning before each ride. how much of a temperature difference can i fine tune for by just using the fuel screw?

thanks

They are handy, but I rarely if ever adjust it. Once a season or so is about it. Stilll if you want one get one from the guy giving them away when you buy his oil filters on ebay.

X2. I just use a small flat head that has a hex on the other end. Slips right in, and I turn it with a 1/4" ratchet.

-Phill

i adjust my fuel damn near every ride. it's easy enough w/a small flat-head.

temp is only part of the deal...i base my adjustments of a AD(air-density)gauge that i correlated with my AF on the dyno...i have seen AD=94 @35deg in the am and by the afternoon, some high pressure rolls in. the temp increased to 58deg but the AD=101. that is a AD 7% increase.if your jetting is spot on it really matters. but, it seems most are overly fat to get rid of their 'low-end bog'. if that is the case then it's not going to matter.

Nothing wrong with chasing every last piece of hp. It doesnt matter in my case since I ride with it pinned everywhere. :thumbsup:

I have the MSR ones which are just the Zip-ty ones.I adjust mine about every ride.Its not hard to adjust and if it helps get the little bog out what is the big deal with adjusting it.

I use one (zip-ty) on the 250x. It helped tremendously when I was rejetting. I also have one on my 450. Don't use it much but it is real nice to have.

Both my bikes have MSR's and I use them pretty often.

I live in Michigan. During early spring or in the fall the humidity and temperature change alot from week to week. So haveing the fuel screw really makes it easy.

what do you guys think about them? i think there a good idea but i can't see myself fine tuning before each ride. how much of a temperature difference can i fine tune for by just using the fuel screw?

thanks

Spend the $20.They are worth their weight in gold.If you ever lose the stock one,you'll agree.With the aft. screws,you can see if it is still there,and you can adjust it on the fly.Having to turn your carb and having the right screwdriver that you won't use for anything else gets a little old.