Sign in to follow this  

Suspension Adjustment - 06 YZF 250

I recently adjusted both front and rear rebound to slightly faster (less rebound damping) settings hoping to make the bike ride higher in the stroke over choppy stuff. My hope was that it would make things a little more plush. I really noticed the difference....it woked well. Im 190#....so Im close to too heavy for the stock springs...so a little less rebound seemed like a good idea. Has anyone else tried this?

try it both ways...go up 3or4 one way then back the other...doesn't cost anything to try it.

i rode mine 2 times to play w/the settings. when my rear shock was rebuilt they found the oil to be very sub-par. also my rear spring on the dyno was 5.0, so we changed that out for a 5.3ti. as you have read in the manual the oil in the forks is to be changed after break-in. the rear needs it as well also.

i run 46's in the front with more oil and sub-tanks. i also raised the forks 4-5mm too.

I know that I need to change my shock oil NOW. I have 18 hours on the bike.... :thumbsup:

blutarsky,

i am 190# as well.

give this a try:

FR 11

FC 14

SR 15

SC 12

bluenut 1.75~2.0

my shock oil was changed at 8.9 hours and it was toast.

15 out on the Rear Rebound!....is that bouncy? I tried it in the garage...and it might as well have been 20. Ill try it though.