Sign in to follow this  

Green sticker

I have an 06 510 TE. If I choose to remove all the dual sport/street legal stuff can I get a green sticker? I'm I a fool or what?

You can get a green sticker without removing all the lights as well. I've got both a plate and green sticker on my bike as I typically remove the rear plate/lights (quick disconnect) when I ride it at the local SVRA.

I have an 06 510 TE. If I choose to remove all the dual sport/street legal stuff can I get a green sticker? I'm I a fool or what?

What you are describing is the true definition of "Dual Sport".

GO to the DMV, tell them you want to "Dual Register" your Bike. They will probably tell you that you do not have to do it and you will likely need to get a supervisor involved but there is a "Guidebook" they have that walks them through how to do it.

Remember, they are pathetic Government Employees and you will need to be patient!

Like they mentioned....

But why would you want a green sticker if you keep your plate on your bike year round?

Anyone know if it's REQUIRED on areas where the metal license plate isn't considered enough? Meaning, you'd need either both, or just the green sticker?

I do know it works opposite.... where with a plate you can go on trails where green stickers are not allowed. As in Jeep trails and such. As long as you have the approved spark arrestor mounted up.

Like they mentioned....

But why would you want a green sticker if you keep your plate on your bike year round?

Anyone know if it's REQUIRED on areas where the metal license plate isn't considered enough? Meaning, you'd need either both, or just the green sticker?

I do know it works opposite.... where with a plate you can go on trails where green stickers are not allowed. As in Jeep trails and such. As long as you have the approved spark arrestor mounted up.

It's a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" deal.....

Plate, Green, Red......

I am not aware of any situation where a Green Sticker would "cover" a Plate, although the Green Sticker Money will be used to support a Compton Crack Whore, so if you are behind that cause..............

Welcome to Ka-lee-fornia!

It's a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" deal.....

Plate, Green, Red......

I am not aware of any situation where a Green Sticker would "cover" a Plate, although the Green Sticker Money will be used to support a Compton Crack Whore, so if you are behind that cause..............

Welcome to Ka-lee-fornia!

Vice-a-versa....

Where if you HAD a CA license plate, and traveled on OR off-road... would you be possibly cited for NOT having a 'green or red' stickered bike?!

More or less... if you were in the dirt, had a license plate and no green sticker... would or could you be cited?

:thumbsup:

Vice-a-versa....

Where if you HAD a CA license plate, and traveled on OR off-road... would you be possibly cited for NOT having a 'green or red' stickered bike?!

More or less... if you were in the dirt, had a license plate and no green sticker... would or could you be cited?

No, just for being over 96 db in your case....................

Vice-a-versa....

.....man, I just HAD to!

As far as I am aware the Plate by itself is FINE anyplace Off-Road.

Example: Camp Rock Road is poted "No Green Sticker Vehicles" but if you are plated you are good to go!

ya know if it were me I would be very shy of this idea. Keep the plate, if you want to detach your lighting for dirt only rides - fine do so but leave your plate on as your evidence you are registered. the plate gets you in to any SRVA anywhere any time.

why would you ever need a green sticker ......... and to my knowledge the DMV views your bike as either off-road or on-road............DON'T mess with this KEEP the plate......if they make your bike an off road bike you will not get a plate tag next year........... its one way or the other. stay with the plate

yes YOU r CRAZY

Vice-a-versa....

You have it correct JA. If you are plated you can ride anyplace, I found this out with my KLR. The catch it if you take your mirror off or anything that makes it street legal they can shut you down. It all depends on the ranger, I have taken my mirror and plate off and they let me ride in some areas.

You have it correct JA. If you are plated you can ride anyplace, I found this out with my KLR. The catch it if you take your mirror off or anything that makes it street legal they can shut you down. It all depends on the ranger, I have taken my mirror and plate off and they let me ride in some areas.

you dont have to have you dual sport mirror for dirt work, only when you go on the street

Ahhh....

I'll always leave my plate. You'd be dumb to not!

And ya, I've got a legal bike plated... however I removed the large DS mirrors, and run the Dual-Star handlebar mirror to keep me legal. I'm on the edge of legal... and well, illegal... also depending on Ranger or LEO.

A great attitude sometimes helps. :thumbsup:

.....man, I just HAD to!

As far as I am aware the Plate by itself is FINE anyplace Off-Road.

Example: Camp Rock Road is poted "No Green Sticker Vehicles" but if you are plated you are good to go!

Your example is as exactly what I was speaking of! And just how I thought of it... but needed more confirmation of my thoughts. :bonk:

And... I still am waiting for my stock '06 SA can Db level reading from ya?! I'm not illegal just yet! ...the TC can will be on order (and won't be used ALL the places I ride. I'm not that much of a rebel!)

Bob... you changing your name yet?! I got a plate for ya = DbPolic

(however it looks like Db Polock... it's Db Police!) :thumbsup:

Your example is as exactly what I was speaking of! And just how I thought of it... but needed more confirmation of my thoughts. :bonk:

And... I still am waiting for my stock '06 SA can Db level reading from ya?! I'm not illegal just yet! ...the TC can will be on order (and won't be used ALL the places I ride. I'm not that much of a rebel!)

Bob... you changing your name yet?! I got a plate for ya = DbPolic

(however it looks like Db Polock... it's Db Police!) :thumbsup:

I'll ALWAYS be Cowboy Bob......have been using that since my "Radio Days"

No db read yet on the 2006 line, but next project is a quiet core for the TC Muffler, more to follow as it develops. Currently working on Honda CRF 250X 96db Exhaust, may drop that for a TE 250 Husky Can retrofit depending on "Testing" tomorrow....Wife may jump over to Husky from Honda....again...more to follow

you dont have to have you dual sport mirror for dirt work, only when you go on the street

That's not what the ranger told me. He said all items that make it street legal must remain on the bike or you need to dual register it. He said the mirrors can be folded in but they must be there. How knows, maybe he was BSing me :thumbsup:

That's not what the ranger told me. He said all items that make it street legal must remain on the bike or you need to dual register it. He said the mirrors can be folded in but they must be there. How knows, maybe he was BSing me :thumbsup:

I think the chances of a Government Employee being misinformed are pretty remote. (LOL)

Thanks to all for the replies. I race D-37 desert and enduro's here in communistfornia. The thought of having the metal plate on bothers me. I will go the green sticker route.

Thanks to all for the replies. I race D-37 desert and enduro's here in communistfornia. The thought of having the metal plate on bothers me. I will go the green sticker route.

I think a license plate would make a nice piece of bling for ANY race bike.

When riding with a plate and no green sticker you must be 100% street legal which means DOT tires. No paddles or good rears. I have yet to find a rear DOT that i like as much as a non DOT.