Is it ok to flame a dealer that stinks?

How is slander, whether valid or not, avoiding a defamation of character claim? You are putting the dealer in a false light regardless, therefore hurtng their reputation. Moreover, the "truth" may or may not be a valid arguement, therefore, putting the original poster at risk of them going after him for slander.

Tell the truth to avoid the risk of a defamation claim

Slander is spoken, libel is written. Besides, it's opinion based on direct experience, not hearsay and therefore nothing to worry about. Flame away dude, my local dealer sucks too! Michael's Reno Powersports. They've got one decent guy in parts the rest are morons, same thing for service. The sales staff are not knowledgeable and will NEVER budge on price. Guess what? I bought my bike out of a dealership in Oklahoma and had it shipped to me in the crate. I then had the local Honda dealer assemble it for me for $50 and it was STILL cheaper than buying it locally...Uh oh, I think I hear the sound of a lawsuit running up my front walkway...NOT!!!...SC

go for it clark, you tell em.

I have trouble biting my tounge about our local Yamaha dealer, but do so. i travel 100 km's plus to use another dealer who is helpful, but now i use the local motorcycle wreckers, which is an offshoot to the local harley shop ( spit, gag) and they supply genuine yamaha parts cheaper than the yamaha shop, but as consumers we have the right to shop elsewhere, so i do.

anyone would think these guys are selling the best product available and are very aware of it, the smug, incompetent, bullshitting, tossers. oh I was going to bite my tounge.

If you need parts in Northern Tasmania go to Tasmanian Motorcycle wreckers and ask for Dave or brett and they even haggle a little. hope this plug helps my next discount.

Light 'em up..... for us!

Just use alott of words like... I think,,, and Seems to me....

You can always stick in a disclamer,, something like... "My experience are my own and you"-blaa-blaa-blaa....

Better to tip off the fellow TT'er than see someone else get burned-right?

Besides do you think they will take you to court for them sucking A**? ?

Suffice it to say that i will never purchase anything from Fun Bike Center in San diego again. I have a hard time understanding how the nations largest motorcycle showroom stays in business with the level of customer service that i have experienced. ?

Well I will shed some light on this situation, and sing praise to my local dealer. South Valley Motorsports in SLC. Of course, my uncle built the building, so I might have gotten special attention. But I have had very helpful experiences i the parts department from the guy who has a Buzz Lightyear jawbone.

Suffice it to say that i will never purchase anything from Fun Bike Center in San diego again. I have a hard time understanding how the nations largest motorcycle showroom stays in business with the level of customer service that i have experienced. ?

That was a spark, not a flame. Tell us why they suck. How did they screw you over?

I love my dealer. Cool guys, good info and they treat me pretty good on prices. I always tell them the dont have to beat the 'internet prices' just get close. I like buying locally. Some things there are not even close on, but most of the stuff they can get within a percent or two., close enough for me. As far a flaming a dealer, flame away, just dont make stuff up, tell it like it is, nothing wrong with that. I was on a Jetboat forum and a guy flamed a boat manufacturer, not slander, just told it the way he saw it. The owner of the boat company got right on the forum and threatened to sue. Dude, that was the stupidest thing he could have done. Everyone lost so much respect for that company. What a tool. Just keep it real man.

touche on the "spark comment". Having cooled off a bit, i have decided that it is not worth the risk of sparring with a horrible dealer that i suspect would relish an opportunity to sue someone. I will share that it takes alot to piss me off and the fact that i won't shop there again is all anyone should have to hear.

?:bonk:

touche on the "spark comment". Having cooled off a bit, i have decided that it is not worth the risk of sparring with a horrible dealer that i suspect would relish an opportunity to sue someone. I will share that it takes alot to piss me off and the fact that i won't shop there again is all anyone should have to hear.

?:bonk:

The ONLY Yamaha dealership that I have ever been to that was GREAT was owned by the original owner who started with nothing fixing junk. When he sold it went straight down hill. The owner's, mom dad and son, were the only people that were there other than a mechanic and the guy who assembled the new units. They pretty much raised the mechanic. The son and mother ran the showroom and parts and the dad and the other mechanic did all the work on them. They new EVERYTHING there was to know about Yamaha's. The mom died of cancer. They sold. Then the dad died of a heart attack. The son built a giant house and stays hid. The mechanic is still there but the new owner won't let you talk to him. They have a general manager, 3 or 4 parts idiots, one sales guy, 2 fianance girls, a service manager, and like 4 mechanics. Going up there is a nightmare. No one knows what is going on in the showroom/parts at any time of the day. The other dealership 50 miles away is owned buy 2 guys from away from here. They have a KILLER general manager but thats it. The head mechanic told me once when my bike wouldn't run that " HE USED TO RACE AND IT WAS FINE". I got it home and took the carb apart myself and took the main jet/needle jet out with a half a turn with my fingers. Fortunatly I have a good freind who has his own repair shop and he helps me when I have a problem that I can't fix. I can clean my own carburator in an hour taking my time. Both the dealerships said they had no idea how long it would take but they charge $65 an hour. That makes me feel great. A good piece of advice...buy the manual and do it yourself. You can buy a lot of tools for what they charge to look at it.

My local dealer (Mission Yamaha) went from being a small shop that had good prices and great service to one of those mega mall shops where everything is expensive and the service sucks!! I needed a rear sprocket and they quoted $90!! for a Renthal. A small accessory shop a mile away had 'em for $56!! The sales clerks at Mission yamaha don't even bother to say thanks and barely acknowledge you when giving you your change back!!! ? I buy all my OEM stuff online now.

When a friend went to Berts Mega Mall to buy a DR650, the salesman would not give him a price unless he "agreed to sign the deal".... what a load of crap. When I bought my KLR650 at Temple City Power Sports, they treated me great. Same goes with Pasadena Yamaha..... the owner was very easy to deal with, and they treated me right. I will always prefer to buy from the "ma & pa" shops rather than the big guys who dont like to negotiate. Besides, the smaller shops seem to remember that you buy from them, and treat you with respect and are willing to discount.

Jesse