PowerBomb on WR250F 04

Has any body put a PowerBomb on a WR250F 04 with the stock muffler, and with the GYT Muffler Insert.

Nope, but have the Power Bomb with a Ti header and Q2 and the difference is night & day... (!)

how big is the q2 over stock? I had a pro circuit 496 and it looked dumb because it stuck out so far so I sold it in hopes of getting q2. Im hoping its not as gaudy. Thanks

I'd talked to a Yamaha Dealer today and they said that the GYT Insert will give you more Horse power ,and it will give the bike the back pressure that it needs from not having a baffel in.

They also said that when you take the stock baffel out you would loose horse power and might not know it.

Is there mods that I could do to the GYT Insert if I decide to get it, and if I don't like how it performs.

I'd talked to a Yamaha Dealer today and they said that the GYT Insert will give you more Horse power ,and it will give the bike the back pressure that it needs from not having a baffel in.

They also said that when you take the stock baffel out you would loose horse power and might not know it.

Is there mods that I could do to the GYT Insert if I decide to get it, and if I don't like how it performs.

I'd find a new Yamaha Dealer.

My guess is that the powerbomb is a waste of money with the stock exhaust, I wouldn't even bother. Spend that money on a slip-on muffler.

I just looked and it protrudes to the exact halfway point of the tail light, which isn't far at all. If you look where the front and the rear face of the tail light meet, the pipe doesn't go any farther than that.

Just adding my two-cents. That system worked wonders for me, along with the free mods, etc. Also jetted to the FMF specs.

I have a Powerbomb (SX version) that I'll sell. pm me if interested. It's in excellent condition and has the heat shield too.

PM sent to you McDave

Just went through the same questions with my '05 and since I did not have much $$ laying around the good folks at TT made this suggestion and I have been very happy.

Powerbomb header w/ a used yzf exhaust I got from my dealer for FREE!:thumbsup: Another customer upgraded and told them to give it to someone who could use it .

I have since added a Jardine slip on exhaust. The only real difference it has made vs the YZ exhaust is to add a bit of "snap" out of the corners. Although it is possible it is just jetted to perfection now and that is what has made the difference as suggested by some other TTers.

Good luck,

David :bonk: