Sign in to follow this  

considering a CRF 250

I'm about 5'5 tall..I'm considering getting a CRF 250...but it is a tall bike. Should I get a CRF 250 and I was wondering maybe if the suspension could be lowered? I need some opinions here...thanks

No...He shouldent be able to touch both feet. I'm 5'6 1/2 and cant touch with both feet. I say get the bike if your comfortable on it and like the bike. It is your choice

I'm about 5'5 tall..I'm considering getting a CRF 250...but it is a tall bike. Should I get a CRF 250 and I was wondering maybe if the suspension could be lowered? I need some opinions here...thanks

I'm 5'8 and I have no problems with the bike.I can't flat foot it either.You really only need one foot down when your stopped so you should not have any problems.

The only time I can flat foot my bike is when I'm racing and there is a rut that the bike sits in right in front of the gate other wise if its a concrete start I just use one foot.

If you really want to lower your bike, Factory connection can lower your forks and shock.Check their website for more info.Other options include shaving your seat foam or chopping your sub frame but I have no Idea how you do that.

Also you should only get the CRF250R if that the bike that you really want.Throw a leg over the other bikes and see how they feel.I will say that I love my CRF and so far its been trouble free.The hondas look sweet and the ride is amazing!I will say the new 06 kxf250 looks nice as well but when set up right the honda is a weapon and handles like a dream.

Get the bike. Plenty of guys ride that are 5.5 You can lower it and get it right for you. When you stop just tip it slightly and you'll be fine. The CRF is not that tall.

you can lower the suspension. it will work fine. it will cost you around $500 to lower the susp. , and they usually lower it 1 - 2 inches. only lower the bike if you need to. for you im sure you will be fine if you dont. but it is definetly doable if you want it done for extra comfort.

I'm 5'3" and i touch one foot and i don't know why guys care i mean bikes DO lean over!

No...He shouldent be able to touch both feet. I'm 5'6 1/2 and cant touch with both feet. I say get the bike if your comfortable on it and like the bike. It is your choice

Yes, he should be able to touch fine. I could touch when I was 5'5, and I had short legs. You don't even need to be able to touch anyways. I got mine when I was about 5'3.

ive rode them and im like 5'9 and i cant flatfoot but i can tip toe. i really like the CRF 250s and they seem to be a really popular bike.. i just dont have the money for one right now.

Well, how much do you weigh? If you are 90 pounds, and 5'5 when you lean over the bike is going to keep going. Make sure you have some muscle in that one leg.

I am 6'0 and I am not even flat footed but I still have alot of growing to go I am only 13 years old.

I am 6'0 and I am not even flat footed but I still have alot of growing to go I am only 13 years old.

man you are REALLY tall for 13

im 13, 5'3" and will be getting a crf in a few months. i plan on softening the suspention and shaving the seat a little bit

Well, how much do you weigh? If you are 90 pounds, and 5'5 when you lean over the bike is going to keep going. Make sure you have some muscle in that one leg.

I'm about 130 pounds and strong for my size...I think i can handle the weight

you can lower the suspension. it will work fine. it will cost you around $500 to lower the susp. , and they usually lower it 1 - 2 inches.

garbage. my dad bought this link for his xr 400 and it really did lower it how much they say. you can get these in three different stages from .5" to 2" (scroll all the way down.) i dont remember the exact cost but its no more than 75 or so bucks. definetly give this a try.

http://www.koubalink.com/crf.html

:bonk::thumbsup:

garbage. my dad bought this link for his xr 400 and it really did lower it how much they say. you can get these in three different stages from .5" to 2" (scroll all the way down.) i dont remember the exact cost but its no more than 75 or so bucks. definetly give this a try.

http://www.koubalink.com/crf.html

:bonk::thumbsup:

Hes right! i got one for my bike and it works great, but then i grew and now i don't need it. So if anyone wants it PM me. Its the CRF3 likn for an 04-05. Fits both 250R and X. ill be able to set you up with a deal. only used a few times.

Just get softer springs and revalve it. The bike will be way to stiff, I rode a CRF250 when I was that heigth and weight. It makes a HUGE difference while riding. Made me a lot faster than when I had stock. On the starts you can just use starting blocks if you can't touch.

im 5'5" and i ride an 06 crf250 and i never heve problem...unless your slow you shouldnt have problems with touching bc you lean into the turns.