Has anybody ridden one of these KTM's?

Has anybody ridden either one of these? What do you think of them?

2005-ktm-990-sd-02-3.jpg

950supermotonoir.jpg

I think one of these would be awsome for around town riding. I am thinking about getting one of the two to help me get my fix during the week. I would love both, but I am kinda leaning towards the 950SM because it seems like a bike that I could ride everyday, and a more real-world kind of streetbike.

is: (in no particular order)

1. Nobody else has them

2. They have lots of torque (lots of torque=easier to ride)

3. They have that awsome v-twin sound but they are still quick

4. They are naked (I talked to a cop and he told me that any full fairing streetbike is going to grab their attention)

5. They dont have to be revved as high to make their power

6. They look awsome (black and silver)

7. Not as expensive as some other non-japanese imports

8. Passenger seat looks to be a little more significant than other bikes. (especially the motard. Very important, because I want my GF to ride with me.)

those things are sick!!!

Personally I think they are really ugly...but to each his own I guess.

I myself would go for a Yamaha R6 if your looking for a bike to ride on the street.

Yeah for a while I wanted an R6, but this is a more real-world choice. I wouldnt be able to use the R6's power much because you have to rev it up so much. I like the idea of these v-twins because you dont have to rev it up as much, and, they have a LOT of torque. I like the idea of torque because stop sign to stop sign and redlight to redlight would be a lot more fun. Plus, I dont plan on ever going any faster than 120 or 130. And that would probably be on a track.

How does a full fairing bike catch a cops eye more?

How does a full fairing bike catch a cops eye more?

Well, I talked to a cop at my dads office party. We started talking about motorcycles, and he said that they (himself and other local cops) give more tickets out to the "crotch rockets" than any other bike. We got on the computer and we looked at some bikes, and he pointed out all the full fairing bikes as being "crotch rockets". That is just what he told me.

I myself would go for a Yamaha R6 if your looking for a bike to ride on the steet.

I totally agree, they are UGLY! :thumbsup:

I think the first bike is ugly, but i really like the second bike, it just flows so much better than the first bike.

I myself would go for a Yamaha R6 if your looking for a bike to ride on the street.

or a GSX-R even:)

Ive always loved the 990 SuperDuke

The SuperDuke in the first pic isn't out yet. No definite word on the release date.

I know some of you don't like the looks, but I'll bet you change your mind real quick if you get the chance to throw a leg over it. That thing is gonna be SICK! Supermoto times 10.

sweet

The thing I like about these bikes, is that they have a lot of torque, but not as much horsepower. The 950 has 70ft lbs. and the 990 has 72 ft lbs. The 950 has 95 horsepower and the 990 has 118. (I think I did the conversion right). But anyways, this is an option that I am considering because it would be a chance for me to have the big bike torque, without the big bike arm-ripping horsepower.

those are nice bikes.

The super Duke is sweet looking... I don't care much for the second one. The Shroud is to big looking on it. I saw a Super Duke on Ebay like a month or so ago for sale. I think it was down in Australia. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was 17,000 US

Well you won't get the super duke in this country. It's been out for 1-2 years in the rest of the world with no plans to bring it to US yet. The 950 supermoto should arrive this year.

Here is an article comparing the two

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25january06_ktm990v950.htm

you guys should check out the suzuki sv650 :thumbsup: i have a pic of mine in my garage....

I don't trust people who drive cars when i'm out on the street on a BIKE