Stripped Bolt

If you can find a long enough tap (or weld a bolt to a tap), you might be able to bring the threads back. Very unlikely as they are pretty thin.

I have not looked yet, but could you drill and tap threads on the first part of the cover and use a short bolt? It just would not go all the way through the primary case.

1. Use the Skinny part of the Slide on a 6" pair of Calipers to measure the Depth of the Hole. (You can use ANYTHING skinny Enuff to get in there and mark it and measure the Depth)

2. Compare the Actual Depth -of the Hole- to the Length of your Bolt.

3. If the Hole is longer, find a Bolt that is NOT TOO LONG/Hopefully 5-10mm longer and try it.

4. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN! Torque per Spec's!

5. Go to Aluminum Bolts in the Future to avoid this...use "Anti-Sieze" on them!

Good Luck!

Manny

If you can find a long enough tap (or weld a bolt to a tap), you might be able to bring the threads back. Very unlikely as they are pretty thin.

I have not looked yet, but could you drill and tap threads on the first part of the cover and use a short bolt? It just would not go all the way through the primary case.

Thot about tapping and putting in a shorter one, question is :is there enuf bolts holding that case on there that u wud not need the one thats stripped as it goes all the way thru the side case.??

about 3 or 4 threads came out on the bolt, so don`t know if a longer bolt wud work, even if ones available..

This bolt was not overtightened, it just went.

I would measure the depth of the hole and see what you have to work with. You should have something comperable to a place we have called Tacoma Nut and Screw. You can get any diameter, thread, and length. Just take the old one in and tell them how much longer.

You might get lucky and have enough threads to just go longer.