Sign in to follow this  

yz 250f air filter

You might wanna try this in the general forum. There are a lot more YZ250F owners in there.

how do you get the air filter out i tryed to unscrew the thong and i could not get it out

pease help

You don't unscrew the thong, you pull it down :thumbsup:

My guess is the threads were cross theaded and thats why you can't take the airfilter out :thumbsup:

I had a little trouble getting the air filter out of my WR the first time I tried it. Try unscrewing the bolt, but not taking it out. Once the filter comes loose turn it sideways to lift it out.

Try unscrewing the bolt, but not taking it out. Once the filter comes loose turn it sideways to lift it out.

Wow, you mean to say you unscrew the bolt... and then lift it out?! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT

LostTrail, you're a gem. Way to make the new guys feel welcome. The point I was trying to make to the guy was that if you try to pull the bolt all the way out before pulling the air filter out it makes it a lot more difficult. I guess you're just so awesome that it takes someone asking how to field strip an exhaust cam before you can offer your wisdom.

thanks guys i figured it out i unscrewed it and just had to pull on it a little bit harder than the first time