TE/TC 250 valves

I am going to buy a TC250 soon and was wondering about those of you that have an 05 or 06 TE/TC250 how long that valves held up before needing adjustment. After the first one did they stay or keep moving. I know the 04's had some issues so I am not interested in those stories.

I know the 05-06 have been pretty solid I am just wondering.

thanks.

PS - I'm buying the bike ether way :thumbsup:

Kelly, I have yet to see any significant movement on any 05-06 TE or TC :thumbsup:

Nice, thanks.

Kelly

My intake valves were .002 too open when I checked them after about 12 hours. The bike runs great though so I left it. I now have about 20 hours. The bike still runs great. I'll check again soon. The exhaust valves were still in spec.

As in the gap was .002 over? Odd most get tight not loose.

K

That's what I thought. But yes, triple checked. I'm curious to see if they'll tighten up to spec. I guess I could be losing some power, but the bike seems to be running great.

Kelly, I think you will like a 250 as you will be able to throw it around and it is less physically demandinging (mentally may be diffrent with the "R's"), even thought it not significantly lighter than a 250 (less rotating mass and all that). Remember the Husky 350 $ stokes bake in the late 80's early 90's. I thin a 300 or 350 4S would be the best of both worlds. Of curse have Leas at LTR tweak the suspension...

MSTex

Kelly, I think you will like a 250 as you will be able to throw it around and it is less physically demandinging (mentally may be diffrent with the "R's"), even thought it not significantly lighter than a 250 (less rotating mass and all that). Remember the Husky 350 $ stokes bake in the late 80's early 90's. I thin a 300 or 350 4S would be the best of both worlds. Of curse have Leas at LTR tweak the suspension...

MSTex

Oh, i know i will like it, rode it already and loved it. I had a decked out super pimp 03 YZF250 before I got the TE450. I love the 450 but just want to try a 250F again. I did like how it would hook up on the slick stuff which we have a lot of here and when it is time to boogie they go just fine. Good balance. And yes, i love the super lightweight feeling.

I am going to buy a TC250 soon and was wondering about those of you that have an 05 or 06 TE/TC250 how long that valves held up before needing adjustment. After the first one did they stay or keep moving. I know the 04's had some issues so I am not interested in those stories.

I know the 05-06 have been pretty solid I am just wondering.

thanks.

PS - I'm buying the bike ether way :thumbsup:

My friend bought my Tc250 -05 in September, and now it has been running for 90 hours (it has a hour meter). Valves still in spec, And it never needed any adjustment.

Mine has about 40 hours MX and Enduro

Checked the valves at 10 hours and 30 hours , everything was OK

Twin