More problems with 98 yzf 400

Well I had to re tap the drain plug hole. still leaks so maybe new plug is alittle small? anyways now I am having overheating issues. While going up an incline water pretty much boils right out the top of the radiator and out the drain tube. Do i need to flush the radiator? or could it be the water pump? help me out here guys oh ya and the bike, before i got it, hada 426 head put on

Well I had to re tap the drain plug hole. still leaks so maybe new plug is alittle small? anyways now I am having overheating issues. While going up an incline water pretty much boils right out the top of the radiator and out the drain tube. Do i need to flush the radiator? or could it be the water pump? help me out here guys oh ya and the bike, before i got it, hada 426 head put on

HI,

Try to give a some help. Most of the 98's had water pump impeller problems and issues with the water pump. boysen set up would probably help a lot. I stripped out my drain plug in my YZ426F when I had it. I put a heli-coil in it and it worked for awhile. But then I had problems down the road, and ended up putting a time cert in it. Its like a heli-coil but its a whole piece not just threads. Its made of steel and you have to epoxy it in. It is permanent once installed and will never strip out again. You might have trouble getting at local parts store( advance auto, pep boys ). I think I bought mine napa, not really sure though ? Napa is usually better with specialty parts. Good luck

For overheating, my friend had issues with his 400 for a long time overheating. When he finally lost the crank, he inspected all the cooling and oiling lines. He found that from the factory, the locating dowls for the external oil lines, one of them was crushed cutting off the oil supply.

Once he got it back together (big bore) and a new dowl there, it has never overheated again.