Troll trail

Personally I think most sections of troll are doomed in the long run. That short singletrack (mystic?) off of Sage gets repaired but nothing ever gets done on troll.
Mystic is another really nice piece of trail. I wish it was about 20 miles longer though.

Puuuuuulze, The only thing sick about about the trails at Hollister is the amount of idiots you have to ride with and the quads you have to dodge every three minutes.

The words single track and Hollister in the same sentence just don't go together.

Now I know your name is Hollisterhillsrider so you must have some sort of love for the place but you will never convince me that Hollister is anything but dangerous.

Rich

One way trails is a pretty safe way to manage a riding area. I think to claim that Hollister is dangerous is inaccurate. Pismo now thats dangerous. Hollister Hills is one of the best state ran off road parks out there.

Personally I think most sections of troll are doomed in the long run. That short singletrack (mystic?) off of Sage gets repaired but nothing ever gets done on troll. That tells me that maybe the plan is to let it go and then close it, or parts at first for restoration. There are numerous parts where unskilled riders have slipped off and destroyed the trail. Accelerating the process. Everyone that pays their five bones and has the right to ride it but it's sad to see the destruction caused by people that can't hack it.

Unfortunately the man that built it was in his late 80s and passed away late last year. I don't think the staff at Hollister Hills will go out and repair the Troll Trails. The Trail Troll wanted to make his mark on the world and give bikers something completely different. He taught the state a lot about building trails. You've got to admit those Troll Trails have been holding up quite well, considering some of them are twenty years old with zero maintenance. Most trails in the state park system have to get maintained at least twice a year.

• Like 1

No a** kissing involved, the HH volunteers will give you a tour on Saturdays if you show up at the regional office on the right just past the entrance after you check into the park. Thats what we were told New Years Day,and that would be weather permitting. But that looks like a wash this weekend.

The tour guides will be there this weekend 1/19/08, if the ground is dry enough the tours will be on.

You've got to admit those Troll Trails have been holding up quite well, considering some of them are twenty years old with zero maintenance. Most trails in the state park system have to get maintained at least twice a year.
HH staff ought to organize an open-to-the-public trail work crew say, once a year, then. There are plenty of us who would donate a Saturday or Sunday to help keep the Troll maintained. We'd need good supervision though, as most people would probably stray from the minimalist approach and try to do to much work to it, thereby making it easier to ride. We could just repair damaged sections, or shore up washouts, etc.

Hollister Hills Off Road Riders Association, or HHORRA does do alot of trail repairs, road cleanup, and rider work shops. In one of last years newletters I think there was a story about two or three members that were doing alot of trail repairs on Troll Trail. The last and only time I had been on that trail I did notice some fresh cuttings of some of the roots and overgrown brush. I may be wrong as this was seen thru panic and tear filled eyes:eek:

Puuuuuulze, The only thing sick about about the trails at Hollister is the amount of idiots you have to ride with and the quads you have to dodge every three minutes.

The words single track and Hollister in the same sentence just don't go together.

Now I know your name is Hollisterhillsrider so you must have some sort of love for the place but you will never convince me that Hollister is anything but dangerous.

Rich

i'm no longer living in the area but i can tell you that its one of the safest place to ride. lots of marked signs and plenty of easy stuff when riding with the family.

as for the quads, just let them get ahead of you to avoid the dust. if you hear them coming, just pull over and for the most part, they will respect that. if you try to race them or not pull over, then you'll feel the roost.

I took a guy down the street on the troll started from the top, He didn't even get over that one rock at the top! He looked at me like he wanted to kill someone he yells at me THIS IS NO TRAIL WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD GO IN HERE I tell him just shift er in 2nd and go and get off your ass it will smooth right out and you will keep all your water in the radiator ! But no he go slow on his 07 wr450 over heating bike and rider so out we go........

I took a guy down the street on the troll started from the top, He didn't even get over that one rock at the top! He looked at me like he wanted to kill someone he yells at me THIS IS NO TRAIL WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD GO IN HERE I tell him just shift er in 2nd and go and get off your ass it will smooth right out and you will keep all your water in the radiator ! But no he go slow on his 07 wr450 over heating bike and rider so out we go........

I still couldnt find that bench and sign, I went to where u circled on the map..and nothing....fustrating :cool:

If you are ending up at the mud bowl above the end of Harmony you missed two right turns. The first one is a tight harpin almost back up hill. The next one is down in the poisen oak where there are little blue ribbons everywhere.

The last section has some great history with the headstones, liars bench, and bridges. But it also has the narrowest parts of the trail and the worst wash outs. GW called it six inches. I've got news for you Trevor, that aint six inches!:cool:

If you are ending up at the mud bowl above the end of Harmony you missed two right turns. The first one is a tight harpin almost back up hill. The next one is down in the poisen oak where there are little blue ribbons everywhere.

The last section has some great history with the headstones, liars bench, and bridges. But it also has the narrowest parts of the trail and the worst wash outs. GW called it six inches. I've got news for you Trevor, that aint six inches!:applause:

I didn't think she said that so loud. :cool:

Its no secret when it comes to Hollister. Its there like its always been.

About half way threw the Vid it'll kick in.

Its not Clear Creek but hell, enjoy it. :cool:

Didn't I just see this on SBR? I want to stuff a microphone up in my helmet so people can really hear what troll is like. Whack. Whack.......

• 2 months later...

was just on TT last weekend... saw all of 4 bikes... 3 of them were going the wrong freakin way... the park was completely full so it was nice to get away from the crowds. unfortunately, i missed the part of the trail with the bench and all... seems i took a wrong turn, but the trail is still my favorite at hollister. seems a little overgrown in parts but that's the kind of stuff i like to ride. lots of damage and washouts where squids have fallen of the trail. btw... i don't get poison oak so i don't worry about it.