The TE610

When everyone was posting the problems on the SM610 problem. Is it the same as the TE610 engine? I was just wondering how many people had problems with the TE610 and not the SM610. I was thinking about getting a TE610 also. let me know what everyone thinks about the TE610.

same bike at the core , differences are unrelated to the problems posted..........seen a post on Avrider about a 2006 TE-610 having it's issues. the good news is things are getting fixed.

my take either accept the 06 TE-610 may need some clean up work done or wait for the 07 model........ I allways felt from the time I first saw the 06 Te-610 in person that is was kinda not yet ready for prime time..but my feeling was the appointments not the engine.........something in my gut told me that............I have the same feeling about the new WR250.......the engine should be good but it looks weird in that TE body and frame.

Bob,

I agree on the WR250 bodywork, except that your TE has the '00-'06 2 stroke frame not the other way around. The TE610 looked fine to me because it looks and feels so much like the '01-'02 TE400-570 which I like. I still prefer either the '00-'05 WR/'04 TE or '01-'02 TE seat and tank to '05 TE/'06 TE/WR seat and tank. My '03 TE610E is pure mid 90's Husky and the '06 is a big improvement. Jim's CDI is a real fluke, same ignition as KTM and Husaberg. I think jump from 9:1 t0 11:1 compression ratio has something to due with head gasket problem. Not all the bikes have cracks in the head.

Norman

Okay I have read all the bad things about the Te610. I have an 2006 Te610 that I haven't had a problem with yet. (Probably Jinxing myself) I have 780 miles on it no leaks or anything yet. I will be rejetting it next month when I get my pipe in. So far the only thing I don't like about the bike is the stock exhaust is extremely hot with the catalytic converter in it. No other complaunts yet.

Shaun

TE610

CBR1000RR

You may have read my prior post about my TE 610 that was killing off CDI's. Essentially, the shop gave up, called Husky USA, who authorized a return. Kudos to GP Cycles for going to bat for their customer. I've had the second 610 for a few weeks with no problems and about 300 miles on it. In short, even though I may be

one of the guys you may have read about, but I would still recommend the 610 albeit tenatively. Make sure you have a good dealer, I give high marks to GP Cycles for being exactly that.

You may have read my prior post about my TE 610 that was killing off CDI's. Essentially, the shop gave up, called Husky USA, who authorized a return. Kudos to GP Cycles for going to bat for their customer. I've had the second 610 for a few weeks with no problems and about 300 miles on it. In short, even though I may be

one of the guys you may have read about, but I would still recommend the 610 albeit tenatively. Make sure you have a good dealer, I give high marks to GP Cycles for being exactly that.

Good to hear and I hope the bike problems are behind you. It is also nice to see a follow up (good or bad). We usually hear nothing after the initial new bike reports.

R

now that is service! I would like to see on eof the big 4 do that.....

now that is service! I would like to see on eof the big 4 do that.....

I would hope that Husqvarna bought the bike back because they wanted to do the right thing, but they had to see this bike as a prime candidate for the California lemon law, which would of entitled the buyer his money back or a new replacement vehicle.

http://www.lemonlaw-california.com/ .

It wasn't in their interest to supply this bike with good CDI's, if it was just going to destroy them.