230 or 250?

hey im looking to buy a bike and dont know if i should go with a 230 or 250. im 15 years old 510 and 160.

I have a 230, but it is my first bike and I love it. I'm 5'4" and I can touch the ground with my toes so you should have no problem. Ive heard the 250 is better, a little heavier, but better. There is more aftermarket support, and it has a headlight for those night rides.

I have a 230, but it is my first bike and I love it. I'm 5'4" and I can touch the ground with my toes so you should have no problem. Ive heard the 250 is better, a little heavier, but better. There is more aftermarket support, and it has a headlight for those night rides.

Dry weight for the 230 is 242lbs, dry weight for the 250 is 249lbs! If you are tall enough for the 250 go for that because it has more power and a better suspension :thumbsup:

alright thanks man

Go for the 250.

It depends how much experience you have if you have more get the 250 if you have less get the 230.

experience wise you really dont need much for either bike. the only difference is that you WILL out grow the 230 within 1 year, It took me about 3-5 months on the ttr225(same engine)

stay away from the 230 unless you don't mind selling it 4 rides after you get it. If you have any athletic ability you will out grow that thing in about 10-15 hours of riding. I learned to ride last year (still learning this year) but I out grew the bike very quickly. get the 250, just my 2 cents

Mate the blokes telling you to get a 250 are right go for it! i think that the 230's are more for the ladies. Guys grow outta those things in months but the 250 can be used to help u improve for a lot longer.

Pollock Mate the blokes telling you to get a 250 are right go for it! i think that the 230's are more for the ladies. Guys grow outta those things in months but the 250 can be used to help u improve for a lot longer.

Hey! It's my first bike! j/k

Mate the blokes telling you to get a 250 are right go for it! i think that the 230's are more for the ladies. Guys grow outta those things in months but the 250 can be used to help u improve for a lot longer.

Another demographic the TT-R 230 is good for are 13-16 year old males who either aren't quite tall enough for a YZ 250f or cannot afford one :thumbsup:

Another demographic the TT-R 230 is good for are 13-16 year old males who either aren't quite tall enough for a YZ 250f or cannot afford one :thumbsup:

haha thats me :bonk: but not the height thing and with a ttr225 not a ttr230

If you are going to get a 230, then go for a used ttr225. Its the same with a bigger seat and tank. You won't know the difference between them.

You'll get the 225 for half the price of a new 230. Then, in a couple of months, you'll be able to sell it and get the ttr250 without losing anything.

I bought my wife the ttr225 instead of the 230. Got it for $1700 instead of $3200.

Trust me, since this is your first bike, you just might drop it once or twice. After three rides, the new one will look like a used one.

Either way, good choice.

LMFAO! Hmmmm... I just gotta laugh a bit; it's a pretty common belief with top riders that you can learn more from a small bike in many cases than you can from a big one! Most racing schools provide their riders with 100, 125 or 150 four strokers for teaching both on and off road riders improved techniques... why? Because if you don't ride well, you cannot make up for it with a handfull of throttle! If you ride a smaller bike beyond it's limits- not at them- then you will 'improve'; do this on a big bike and you will learn to 'survive' (or fall gracefully). Yes, I have a choice of bikes to ride, but I learn more riding the s*%# out of my 230 than I do while taming my 250 two stroker, and I have alot more fun on the little guy in the woods! By the way, I'm 6'1", 175, and very athletic. Big power is great, but there's more to choosing a trailbike than just that.

go for the 250, it will last you way longer and it has more power. power is always good.