Sign in to follow this  

Gonna sell my trusty wr250....$$?

I think I'm gonna move up to the 450. Don't know what to ask for my 250...regular maintinence, Q pipe, shark fin, Renthal Fat bar, Devol Guards, hand guards, ...looks good. I think I'll replace the rear tire and maybe a new front fender...anything else besides a good cleaning...chain etc....? I was thinking $3300....I'm in Bay Area, CA...comments welcome.....

Mods generally don't bring much on resale.

Check Kbb.com to get a market value, then haggle from there.

I just bought an 03 bone stock with 350miles for $3100. I am on the East Coast.

Justin

Id ask more and take the best offer i live in the bay area also and it would go for 3500-3300 No problem

That's a good price. I live in San Jose and watch the bike market. You'll probably have to settle for $3000 though. I wouldn't let anybody lowball you unless you dont' sell it for a couple of weeks. Put it on Craigslist. That's the best place to sell it.

-Toby

The 2003 is a red sticker...They are pretty close...I believe the Yamaha has a way more reliable motor...thats what I keep hearing..My kid has a 250x and for me, it feels a little cramped.

I bought a stock 03 in november for $2300. It looked like it was hardley ridden. I guess I got a good deal :thumbsup:

How does the Yamaha compare to the CRF250X and is the WR259F a red sticker bike?

Red Sticker:

2003, 2004, 2005 WR250F

2003, 2004 WR450F

All CRF-R

Green Sticker:

2006 WR250F

2005, 2006 WR450F

All CRF-X