DR350s vs DRZ400e

I have taken it out already and I have to say this bike is alot of fun. I ordered the pirelli mt 21 tires and should have them this week. I think that will help alot. the stock tires were 80/100. not much traction and we have alot of sugar sand around here in FL. I am interested in doind some mods to make this bike more like the E model. Any tips are appreciated.http://smilecwm.tripod.com/net7/bravo.gif

• Like 1

Originally posted by ericjurin:

Whats up Phi

I have a 92 Dr350s (same bike as yours)for 2k. Its in great shape, I have been trying to sell it, havent had much luck yet. But, I am also thinking of keeping it and going with the 435 kit. Technically, my bike is already pretty trick with the suspension etc. A few guys at www.dr350.com are saying that kit is better than the 380 kit that Stroker sells because they re-sleeve it instead of just boring it. That does make sense, I have also heard nothing but good things about the 435 kit from other over th years but the price tag and hassle tag are pretty high (remove top end, etc.) I am not sure what I am going to do, but Im leaning more towards the 435 right now. So......I still thinking about it. I need to get some quotes from a few shops to see if they can do the work instead of sending it down to thumper or Kientech engineering. speaking of which, has anyone removed the top end to send off?? how long will it take? how hard, etc??

later guys,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Jesse here, top end teardown is not difficult

and can be done with the engine in place. I am always avilable evenings and most weekends

and wecome any technical questions that you may have about the DR350. I however do not recommend the 385 mod as it leaves the sleeve too thin and I have seen them break out chunks of cast iron which can cause damage to the bottom end. I have been doing 435's since 94 and they are pretty bullet proof. Hope this info is helpfull.

------------------

Regards Jesse

• Like 1