2006 Cr 125 Bigger Tank

Any one out there know of a bigger gas tank for a 2006 CR 125.The stock

2.51 will not go 40 miles .Purchased a new 2006 bike and tryed the IMS tanks from past years will not fit.If no tanks can be found and no is going to make soon the bike will be for sale.As of now it is still brand new never ridden.

Took home and the tank we got from IMS does not fit.

Some one in Europe or Australia know of a tank.

2006 CR 125

Any one out there know of a bigger gas tank for a 2006 CR 125.The stock

2.51 will not go 40 miles .Purchased a new 2006 bike and tryed the IMS tanks from past years will not fit.If no tanks can be found and no is going to make soon the bike will be for sale.As of now it is still brand new never ridden.

Took home and the tank we got from IMS does not fit.

Some one in Europe or Australia know of a tank.

2006 CR 125

Easy John................

First thing, call Rick Nuss as his kid races a 125...I think the stock Tank is PLENTY of Gas for 40 Miles I would almost bet! Contact me if you need a Phone Number! Worst Case, Tony Underwood has changed the Tanks around on his 2 Stroke Bikes.

First off the 450 510 tank will not fit allready tryed.Second the 2006 must be different then the 2005 .I hope i am wrong as do not want to sell it .

Thrid thing Cameron has a yz125 with a big IMS tank and can only go 45 miles before he runs out so there is no way a 2.5 tank is going to make it.

We have run Yamaha YZ 85 for years with the number plate tank and i am not going to go thru that again .If Underwood has a way to make it work i will try

First off the 450 510 tank will not fit allready tryed.Second the 2006 must be different then the 2005 .I hope i am wrong as do not want to sell it .

Thrid thing Cameron has a yz125 with a big IMS tank and can only go 45 miles before he runs out so there is no way a 2.5 tank is going to make it.

We have run Yamaha YZ 85 for years with the number plate tank and i am not going to go thru that again .If Underwood has a way to make it work i will try

.......45 Miles....WOW! I guess when it's pinned the whole time it eats more Gas!

Simple solution is to get old style IMS 2 stroke tank that fits '00-'04, it will work with '04 shrouds and seat. You may be able to pick these up on Ebay used. Any '00-'04 2 stroke or '04 4 stroke seat and plastic would work.

If I bought an '06 WR/CR125, I would do this even with the stock tank, because I prefer the slimmer body work of '00-04 2 strokes.

Norman

MR Norman sir i have a 2000 2004 cr 125 tank and have tryed to make it fit.

First thing you will have to do is CUT your new fram ,yes cut the fram tank mounting post off .Then you will have to move the rad foward as now the

tank hits the rad Then as you stated change the seat and shouds so lets cut up our new red and white cr and make it look like an old yellow and blue 125.There has to be a better way IMS please make a tank.this bike is worth a second look

I wouldn't think there would a bigger tank for the 2-stokes for a while (6-8 months)

Try to run it first to see how many miles you can get. I run the IMS (3-3.2 gallon) tank on my 04 125 and I can run a 2-2 1/2 hr H/S and have a good amount left. So you may be able to push 40 mile.

The only other thing is to get a 05-06 4-stroke IMS tank and make it work. The backbone of the frames are close and you should be able to just relocate the mounting tabs to make it work.

MR Norman sir i have a 2000 2004 cr 125 tank and have tryed to make it fit.

First thing you will have to do is CUT your new fram ,yes cut the fram tank mounting post off .Then you will have to move the rad foward as now the

tank hits the rad Then as you stated change the seat and shouds so lets cut up our new red and white cr and make it look like an old yellow and blue 125.There has to be a better way IMS please make a tank.this bike is worth a second look

Your the man on the ground, so I stand corrected. My dealer and some others thought this would be easily done, you just proved us wrong. Pirie Composites used to build carbon fiber tanks for Team Husky in '00 before IMS did their tank. I think they sold out to E-Line though. Unfortunately it was a long lead up to last batch of IMS Husky 2 stroke tanks in '01

Norman

2006 CR 125 gas tank update.The 450 -510 4 stroke 2.9 gallon tank for 2005 down fits

I just was told that by IMS so i went home mounted a 4 stroke tank and it fits perfect so does the shouds.Husky for 2006 made the 125 fram like the 4 strokes.So after i mounted the tank went for a 30 mike desert ride.The bike works great and the brakes are the best i have ever used. We will have to see how the kid does on it as i am not a good 125 rider .PS the red and white sure looks nice