racetown 395

was there lots of people

What do you mean by lots?

Yes I'd say the main track was pretty crowded. Thats because of our race on the front track. If your worried about being too crowded, go on a day when there are no races. On those days it pretty good for all. Don't worry about them having "mini madness races" or whatever its called. Its on the little track on the side. Call the recorded message and they will tell you whats scheduled for that week. They are open Fri, Sat & Sun. 760/246-6330

It was always my favorite track. Used to have this killer set of whoops . Pretty fast sections,wasnt to much in the supercross type thing. Back when it was known as Sunrise cyclepark. CMC held one of there GoldenState series events there . You had several national riders doin the tune-up thing for the season. Mortals like my self who felt pretty good got there head handed to them bigtime.

I go to racetown pretty much every weekend.... Around mid day is the most crowded. The track is deep in the morning, and at the end of the day its rough and pretty hard packed... I like the track alot though. Don't even waste your time on the vet track, it sucks, and all of the goons make it really dangerous to ride. But if your slow ride the vet track, because you'll get run over on the main... haha. I just wish I could do the step up to the downside, thats my next goal....

We went out there two weeks ago and the vet track was pretty tore up. I dont know who setup the track. The pro track is much better. If your looking for a good track to go to Elsinore is much better.

This is pretty accurate. There are a few more gap jumps on the vet track that make it a bit more technical (IMHO) than the vet track at Elsinore so there is that to consider.

If you have kids then Elsinore is the place as the beginner track at RT is just an oval with two turns and a small table. The beginner track at Elsinore is awesome for the kids who want to learn a rhythm section, and more race like conditions.

As far as the main tracks go both are pretty serious and you had better have your shit together as those guys don't mess around are hauling and putting up some huge air.

Proximity is also an issue. I live in Coastal OC which makes Elsinore a no brainer but I do also make a trip up to RT to change it up a bit. I am an admitted goon/beginner who likes the vet tracks but also like to push it a bit. I also have a 6 y/o who is learning to work the tracks and find that Elsinore is just a better over all deal for my whole situation.