Sign in to follow this  

2006 KLX250S owners

I just wanted to let any new 2006 KLX250S owners know that their new ride has a LOT of off-road potential. Basically follow all of the KLX300 mods and you can turn your so-so dualsport into a really fun bike that can easily be raced in any dualsport ride or even a hare scramble. You can even put a stock KLX300 cylinder on your KLX250 for some added punch! I've done all of the mods to my KLX250S and it's a blast to ride off road! I can easily keep up with most CRF250X's and even a TE250 can't run away from me. And the best part is it's STREET LEGAL and a great bargain! Way less than a TE250.

Have fun and be safe!

Cycle Pro Racing, Inc.

John

I Want To Buy A New Klx 250 2006 Was Just Wondering How Much Balls They Got And Top Speed I Really Like The Looks Of Them I Have 1986 Xt 350 Witch Is Ok But Need New Any Help Would Be Great Thanks Rt

I have the dirt version.. a KLX300R and although it is a sweet offroad bike.. without some serious suspension work and exhaust, carb, and etc. mods, it wouldn't be very competitive in a hare scramble. It handles terrible at high speeds offroad... didn't realize it until I got my KTM because I didn't know what I was missing. I switchedf to the KTM so I could dual sport. Not a comparison, but a lot more $$ invested too.. I wish the 250 was here when I bought my 300 in 2004..

All said however, It is a great bargain, lots of fun and nice looking, but don't get any grand ideas of racing it unless you want to dump some $$ into it... then you may as well buy the racers.