scotts vs gpr vs RTT wr450

having handle bar controlls for the stabilizer is WAY overkill, and IMHO Not worth the extra money.

Aside from that, scotts/ohlins has been in the game longer than anyone...and even MORE important than that, from what i recall, scotts is the ONLY stabilizer that features a TRUE return to center. meaning it stabilizes movements AWAY from center, but does not dampen the movement of the bars back to center...which will decrease un-necesarry arm pump.

Scotts are the standard by which all other units are compared.

having handle bar controlls for the stabilizer is WAY overkill, and IMHO Not worth the extra money.

Aside from that, scotts/ohlins has been in the game longer than anyone...and even MORE important than that, from what i recall, scotts is the ONLY stabilizer that features a TRUE return to center. meaning it stabilizes movements AWAY from center, but does not dampen the movement of the bars back to center...which will decrease un-necesarry arm pump.

Yeah are the RTT stablizers really worth it? $599 OUCH!

The WER does not dampen back to center. People forget to mention the WER because it does no look slick but I think mine is great and the CS is great also.

Wondering if there is a difference between a Scotts for the street and dirt. I want to use the one on my R1. What's the best mount/bar set up?

I think externally they are the same, but the damping circuits are different. I called Scotts and asked a while ago. Quads & dirt bikes are the same (some quad dampers have a different link arm depending on the type of installation though).

I think externally they are the same, but the damping circuits are different. I called Scotts and asked a while ago. Quads & dirt bikes are the same (some quad dampers have a different link arm depending on the type of installation though).

The damping circuits are different in that the street version damps back to center while the dirt version does not.

Why wouldn 't you want it to dampen back to center? The same motion is happening when your bars are moving in the opposite direction as the original motion that pulled them out of you hands to begin with. I called GPR and asked them, and their answer was: "If you are having to fight to get the bars back to center, then you have the dampening up too high".

I still have not purchased mine yet, so all the info I can get until then is most helpful.

I just purchased the scotts with the sub mount for my 06 wr450. I did quite a bit of research and decided that the true High Speed circuit and the fact that like said b4 - all others are measured to Scotts. You can get them here on TT and they are running about 5% cheaper than from scotts directly.

Was in the same position of looking at the the big four in dampeners about a year ago. I ended up with a Scott's. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made from a mod perspective on a dirt bike. My research indicated that there are subtle preferences where each works better (i.e. Scott's and WER in woods, RTT in desert and GPR in SuperMoto, etc). I can say that once you get the dampener dialed in to your liking, I do not find myself adjusting on the fly much. That is unless there is a big change in terrain. Any of them will serve you well. When you install it and ride with it for a while, you will not think it is working. That is until you get on another bike that doesn't have one and it feels like the front wheel is on marbles. One of the best upgrades for sure, especially if you like to go fast.