DRZ 400 KICK START MODEL- Jetting problem

My 400 would cut off in deep water crossings. I was told to re -rout the float overflow hoses so 2 went up high on the frame and so they cant be blocked by water. This allows the float chamber to breath and prevents a vacum from forming. Now I have a new problem the bike hesitates at low throttle openings just when you give more throttle! This can be dangerous! Help!

Ok, jetting was modified with and because of adding a Stroker breathing kit. I think it called for a needle adjustment but without looking further I am not now sure. Aslo it required the removal of the black plastic little air box and the snorkel cover. I am running the stock pipe and premium unleaded gas. I never had this hessitation issue until I rerouted the hoses 2 weeks ago. The only other I must check is to make sure I did not crimp the rerouted hoses which I guess would restrict some air?

Hey Thanks for your help!

Stroker Breather kit;

Remove smog pump

Remove air fitting on the head

Remove air box snorkel

Remove black plastic cannister box above the pipe

Then,

Pilot #48 (was a #45)

Main #170 (99% sure)(originally was #142)

DVR Needle 4th clip from top( This might now be at 3rd from top)(was a OBDXP needle)

Pilot air jet #100 (was # 60 originally)

Fuel Screw 2 turns out (? I have not check this lately?)

If you wanted I could fax their instructions to you for reading.

Please remember the bike was fine until I re routed those carb overflow hoses. The only other thing I may have moved by accident was the fuel screw but it would not have been done intentially.

Thanks,

Smog pump??? There is no smog pump on your DRZ400 kicker. I am gonna take a guess that you are talking about the coast enricher on the side of the carb. Which richens the mixture to prevent popping/backfiring on decel.

As for jetting IMO yours is less than optimal. Burned is the master however..... And Stroker's "breather kit" instructions should be considered useless next to his advice.

And the concensus here on the forum is you should put the oil breather box (above the pipe) back on and leave it on so you don't have oil going all over the ground.

punch in DRZ400S in search engine everthing you need to knowis at this site
Huh? The guy doesn't have an S model, he has the kicker model (no designator, just DRZ-400). The S and kicker models have completely different carburetors.

Hey Burned please read my last reply and thanks all for the help! By the way fo those that don't know Stroker was larry rosselers company selling aftermarket stuff for offroad 4 strokes but I found out today this company is no longer in business.l