Tach Pics!!!

How accurate is it? Looks good.

I think it is close. It does not bounce up and down like a regular tach. It takes readings every one or two seconds and tells you what your at. For me going down the highway it will work great to see what I am running at.

for those of us thinking of doing just this, could you post step by step instructions?

thanks, looks good.

It is super easy. All I did was rap the red wire around the spark plug wire 4 times and taped it with electricle tape. Then ran the ground wire to the back of the horn and attached it to the back bolt. Then ran the tach and excess wires up through the front of the tank. I ran the tach through the handle bars and as you can see bolted it to the top of the bars.

The only hard part is drilling the holes in the bar. I started with a small center drill to make a mark, so the drill did not wander. Then I drilled the holes and put it on. Then I used some twist ties and tied the wires to the frame.

It was not hard at all, and takes about 20 min.

Thanks

Looks good, 14miles?

14 km, so 9 or 10 miles.

I bought before christmas and do not have the honour of living in Georgia.

There is 6 feet of frost here at this moment. But we have not had much for winter yet. hope to ride in mid march.

I have a similar unit by Harbor Freight. Made a small alum. bracket and used a handlebar clamp bolt. They are intresting to have but respond too slowly to use a shift indicators not that we need to see when to shift any way. Just hold some upward pressure on the shift lever and when it hits the rev limiter the shifter jumps to the next gear. No clutch required (disclaiming all responsibility for your whirley parts).

something is wrong with your odometer, it says only 14 miles, what are you doing taking pictures, you should be riding ? Can't be that cold up there

It's not the cold man, it has been very warm here all winter. It's just the frost that freeks me out. I don't want any road rash. Can not wait to ride though.

I hear you. In western new york it has been freaky warm and I have been able to ride here and there. Normally I park it for the winter but this year everytime I think I am done we get a good rain to wash off the salt and some warm days to go rip it up. Spring is not far off

I ran a Tiny Tach (can be bought at your local small engine shop, briggs & stratton parts dealer) on my old BSA Victor Special. It was fun seeing numbers, but the numbers were so old by the time they registered that it wasn't good for anything. Probably ok, though, for highway cruising.

The little battery only lasted a few months, then you throw the whole unit away.

Dave in Tejas

<thread hijack>

That's what an old girlfriend said to me and about flat wore me out! ?

</thread hijack>

Well you nailed me correctly on the thread hijack, I sorry - I'll never do it again. Now if I could just do something about those ugly yellow fork covers. ?