Riding the Ridge Sat. 2/4

:bonk: Me and my buddy Mark are riding The Ridge in Springville AL this Sat. 2/4 from 9-5. Any fellow TT'ers out there who have not ridden/raced the Ridge yet, give this place a shot. A lot of elevation, rocks, roots, sand, mud, hard pack 2 MX tracks and 2 kids tracks for $15.

I drive 140 miles one way from Atlanta and it is always worth it. I'm on the #19 YZ250 2-smoker with the Yellow backgrounds. :bonk: Come jump in with us and we'll show you around. It should be just right after the rain. It definitely handles the rain better than Durhamtown. Being on top of a mountail helps, I guess ? . ?:eek:?:eek:??:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::banana::foul:

Walt

www.ridgeriding.com

Thanks, I recently moved to B'ham (right near Barbers Motorsport park) from Miami Florida and I have been thinking of taking my son out there to play. We both have KLX's, so we just like to play ride. I've heard good things about the Ridge. Do you know if they have a website?

Thanks,

Mike Albert KLX400R, KLX125L(son),KLX110 (wife)

mgalbert@msn.com

Yeah, Me and my buddy Mark on the CRF450 rode all day. It was very cold and windy in the morning and then just cold after that. It was O.K. once you got the blood flowing but the parking lot was cold. For all of the rain they've had, the trails were nice and tacky.

I guess it helps being up on top of a mountain. :bonk::foul:

There was water in the ruts and the creeks were high, but we had the place to ourselves. There were about 10 bikes and about the same quads.

Only us diehards made it out. :bonk:

It's a sickness I have and I know you of all people know what I'm talking about. :eek:?:foul::cool: I'm racing in the morning. It should be a cold one. :bonk::prof::worthy::banana::worthy::eek:?:eek:??:worthy::worthy:

Have a great time. It should be perfect. The tracks were close due to the rain. I know the kids like the tracks. Maybe they'll be open Sunday. Have fun and wish me luck. ?

Walt

I'll second what Tom said!! ?:bonk:

The Ridge has it all and it keeps getting better. Take a Sat. or Sun. and check the place out. There is something for everyone. I have been 20+ times and I'll be there this Sat 2/11. The race trails are great!! And they are open for riding. Plenty of creek crossings and first rate trails :bonk::banana::foul: Tom, I'll see you there next Sat.

My buddy Mark was commenting on how we had ridden for 2+ hrs. and he had not ridden a trail he had been on before. They cut miles and mile of new trails for their racing series they ran from Oct.-Dec. It was a great 4 race series and the turnout was strong and the trails were some of the best I've raced and now you can ride most of them. :eek::foul::cool::prof::bonk::eek:

Tom, I finished 9th in my class on Sun. You can't win laying on the ground.?:worthy:?:worthy::worthy:?:eek:??:worthy: All in all it was a good COLD day.?