Anybody Notice The Road Signs?

I was wondering if anybody is as pissed off as me about the road signs you see entering Dover, Lacey, Manchester, Lakewood, Jackson Townships (I know there are more) that reads: "It is illegal to operate an off road vehicle on private land without the written permission of the owner." It amazes me that out of the million laws on the books, this is the one they display. This shows everyone where we rate in local government's eye. Well they don't have to worry about it in Dover Township because the built over everywhere I used to ride. People wonder why it is so hard to get a legal place to ride. This is the reason why. ?

Those signs are up because land owners complain to the police and the town about illegal riding, propery destruction, noise, etc. Even if the landowner is a rider or has given permission to others, the fact that people assume they can ride without asking is the problem.

In western NY there is no public land open to off road vehicles, so all of my riding is on land where I have asked and received permission to ride.

Unfortunately, it only take a few nut balls to screw it up for everyone. Signs or no signs, you still need to ask permission to ride on private land.

Doug

They display those proudly, but it would probably be stupid if the put up a zero tolerance sign for drugs, etc. I think they def need a zero tolerance sign in lakewood. I used to ride in lakewood, thinking hmm they have real crime to worry about not dirt bikes in the woods well a few months later they banned us and put up signs. This state is screwed up. Wheres our 2 state owned legal riding areas by 2005?

Once, I remember explaining to my friend from New jersey how screwed up the laws in Maryland are about off road riding. His reply " I'm from New jersey, I'm use to being screwed by the government".

I understand in the UK the Govt. helps clubs buy property for recreational use. What a concept.

Once, I remember explaining to my friend from New jersey how screwed up the laws in Maryland are about off road riding. His reply " I'm from New jersey, I'm use to being screwed by the government".

I understand in the UK the Govt. helps clubs buy property for recreational use. What a concept.

theres an idea, if they cant buy the whole thing atleast meet us half way, right?

its a shame, the riding in NJ isnt even that bad as long as you know where to go for what..oh well ?

I was out in Greenwood Forest the other day and ended up in Forked Rivver mountain preserve by accident, they put up shiney new orange signs that state NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES. My question is if not even a 4x4 is allowed there how are you supposed to enjoy thousands of acres of woods, walk? You would die out there if you had to walk all that. How do the tree huggers get out there? I find that funny that they made there own rules for the FRM preserve because it is a WMA and registered vehicles are supposed to be allowed in there.

I remember The Forked River Mountain use to be one of the best places to ride. It had to be the largest riding spot in NJ. Unfortunately the greenies got a hold of it and shut it down. I agree, I doubt you will ever see any of those "environmentalist" hiking out there. They just wanted to lock it up for themselves and let nobody get to enjoy it. ?

Its getting so bad here in Jersey I am almost afraid to start my bike at my house. :bonk:

Don't laugh. I actually had a new neighbor (bonified pocket protector wearing tree hugging geek) come down to my house and b*tch that my bike was too loud and it was bothering him and his wife. I was like dude go back to your house roll a fatty and play pocket protector tag with your wife. It is really getty nuts ?

I had simply started and was running it the bike for a few minutes after washing it, I never actully ride anywhere near my house, I like most NJers have to travel an hour or more to ride.

David ?

Some people are so ridiculous. They need to get a hobby of there own. I bet your neighbors lawn motor makes more of a racket than your bike does for the 5 minutes you had it running.

These guys are so into the environment they cut the lawn with a push mower (no motor),they drive a hybrid car, and so forth. They even have this bizarre bio-bubble in there yard to "relax" in.

I am all for saving/conserving our natural resources but we need to find balance so everyone can enjoy what we have.

David ?